Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal/ Paleo 'Apps' for iPhone &/ or Android Phones page 2

cirwin521 is offline Junior Member

where can i download the android app.

Shop Now
    I have looked everywhere forthe android app. I have found many reviews but no links anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
    Last edited by cirwin521; 10-15-2010 at 06:21 PM.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Me too! I can't find it in the site linked or in the market. Weird!

Carrie

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    @paleohacker - not sure if you're aware but you're site's offline.

drbrik is offline Member
    androlib.com says that "This application seems to be removed from the Android Market".
    Where can we find it?

Valarauko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrik View Post
    androlib.com says that "This application seems to be removed from the Android Market".
    Where can we find it?
    +1 The screen shots looked awesome. I would really like to get it.

SeanC is offline Member

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Thought I'd add some android apps that I've been playing with.

I've found a couple of apps that calculate your body fat % apparently using the formula that the US military use.

Military Body Fat Calculator calculates your BF% by taking your gender, height, neck and waist measurement (and also hips for females).

The Army Fitness Calculator by 550cord.om does BF% plus a whole bunch of stuff which looks like it would be useful if you're training to join the US army and need to get your fitness up to their specs, like:

* calculate whether you would pass the army physical fitness test going by your sex, age, number of pushups and situps you can do and how quick can run 2 miles.
    * provides the APFT instructions
    * the min/max APFT times allowed for your sex / age
    * the army's height / weight allowances
    * stopwatch
    * 2 minute timer

It would be good to test the accuracy of these, so if you do know your BF% and have and android device please test and feedback here, otherwise if you are happy to give me your stats to use to test add them here or feel free to PM me

BodyFitness gives you an exercise library which does have a lot of CW body building type exercises but it also has a lot of body weight exercises, multiple workout plans (again, mostly not very PB but the Intense conditioning workout looks pretty good), a yoga section showing many different yoga poses and examples of different types of cardio activities to try.

Sparklepeople.com's 'Healthy recipes' and 'Diet & food tracker' apps, can be set to sync (though this doesn't seem to work very well) with a sparklepeople.com account or as a standalone 'fitday' type food and exercise tracker.

Sleeping and alarm apps

Relax and sleep - a sound machine which plays relaxing sounds such as waves on a beach, rain, etc. You can play one sound or use the graphic equaliser type interface to make your own mix of the different sounds.

Sleep - an alarm clock which tracks your movment to roughly guage which stage of sleep you are in so that it wakes you up at the most suitable time within a set time from of your target alarm time. The theory being that in deep sleep you don't move much, but when you're dreaming you do, so if you've set the alarm to wake you up at the best time before 8am it will wait until just after a dream stage which is apparently when you are in your lightest stage of sleep and the best time to wake up.

Works well, but is a paid app.

Smart alarm - Same as above but is free, although mine has stopped sensing movement and a reinstall didn't fix it so might have to switch.

Gentle alarm - Similar to the 2 above, but doesn't use a movement sensor, intead it starts the alarm very quietly and gradually increases the intensity so that it gradually wakes you instead of shocking you awake (is the theory).

This alarm clock has much more features than the others.
    Both a paid and free versions available, but the free version doesn't work on Wednesdays

Pushup buddy - turn it on and put your phone on the floor under your legs with the camera facing up, it then counts off as you do pushups. You can either have a female stephen hawkins style voice shouting at you, or have it counting silently.

Oh, and I've just downloaded a little app called 'Out of Milk' that I still need to try. Apparently some weirdo from one of those paleo type cults was involved in developing it...

If anyone else finds any cool but useful android apps (paleo/primal or otherwise) please post them
    Last edited by Misabi; 01-12-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    RunKeeper Pro is free right now.

Looks like a good GPS program for running, hiking, etc. I downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet. Just thought I'd mention it because it's only free to the end of the month (usually $10 US).

Yeah thanks Bane, someone else recommended that too.
    It doesn't work on my phone though as it's still on Android 1.6, should be getting an upgrade soon though, I hope..

I was just looking for a tabata timer app and found that there are several free ones and plenty more to buy, so will have to test some of them out. But maybe more interestingly I also a few crossfit related apps:

Strength diary - an app that so syncs with strengthdiary.com and enables users to track their xfit wods online and on their phone. Won't be testing thid one as don't really want to set up an account with the website.

Crossfit travel - have installed this and it looks quite good. It has 100 different wods on it, all of which at body weight wods with a timer built in for each wod. Wods of all descriptions and allows you to filter which wods it displays by whether they include running our are timed workouts.
    Price: approx US$2

Wods timers - what it says, looks like it has more functionality than the free timers. Has different settings e.g. amrap, tabata, interval, stop watch, but doesn't include any wods themselves.
    Price: approx US$2

Xercise - This is another paid for app and the most expensive, but if it does everything it says it would be well worth it. Going by the description, this app is the all singing, ask dancing must have for any android owning xfitter. It comes with the following:

Daily wods widget for wods from the main page.
    Wods builder, build your own wods, amrap, for time, whatever.
    Stop watch, tabata timer, gps tracker timer.
    Export workout logs to xml and into excel.
    And more...
    Price: US $4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast