Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know, but any good cupcake recipes? page

K.ROB is offline Senior Member

I know, but any good cupcake recipes?

Primal Fuel
    My son's 1st B-Day is coming up and I would like to make cupcakes for everyone. I found a site that has some pretty good recipes (http://www.elanaspantry.com/) but am wondering if you guys have had any success. I already have cocoa powder so would probably make chocolate cupcakes but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    I made chocolate raspberry coconut flour muffins/cupcakes yesterday using 100% cacao powder and organic raspberries =)

I used:
    6 eggs
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/4 cup melted coconut oil
    1/4 tsp powdered stevia (you could probably use honey)
    1/4 cup organic whole milk (could probably sub almond milk if you don't do dairy)
    1/8 tsp salt
    4 oz organic raspberries
    1 heaping tbsp organic 100% cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp baking powder

I whisked the eggs, coconut oil, milk, salt, stevia, and raspberries together in a bowl, then mixed the cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder together in a separate bowl. I folded the floury stuff into the liquid stuff and baked in a greased muffin pan at 375F for about 13-14 minutes.

I have yet to perfect this; I'm working on tweaking it a little, these muffins/cupcakes were a bit dense, so I'm working on making them lighter.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

cookie is offline Senior Member
    i really like elana's pantry, and have had lots of success with most of her recipes. i really like the carrot cake recipe, but if it's cupcakes you are after, i strongly recommend the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
    also, here is my version of cupcakes margarita style... i'm not sure how old your son is, but any adult would appreciate this version.
    http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/20...rita-cupcakes/
    also, elana's jelly donut cupcakes are really tasty with whipped cream topping and coconut.
    i love birthdays.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    oh he's 1. sorry for the booze suggestion. maybe mommy and daddy can have their own batch of cupcakes.

Cool thanks for the suggestions. I think we are going to try a couple out and then i can bring them to work for all the taste testers.

KXS
    KXS is offline Member
    Definitely check out the site Comfy Belly

http://www.comfybelly.com/

she recently made a twinkie type cake, as well as vanilla and choco cupcakes...I like that she uses honey and not stevia...and almond flour. All natural ingredients.

That site looks great. Thanks

I made these with the cream cheese frosting last week
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake-cupcakes/
    and both my non-primal mom and boyfriend loved them, and couldn't believe they didn't contain flour!!
    I find that I can usually cut down on the agave in Elana's recipes, but that's probably because I never eat sweets anymore.

I also made this chocolate cake, and it was AMAZING!! Maybe you could turn it into cupcakes?
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/chocolat...our-continued/

Long story short, elana's pantry is definitely reliable for recipes. As long as you don't mind using agave...

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    (Would it be heresy to suggest that a cupcake--a real cupcake, with flour and sugar?--on a birthday might be in the 20 percent?)

(Then again, he's only one... if he's used to no sweets, no need to indoctrinate him now...)

(But then, who's the "everybody" you're baking for? Aunts and uncles and grandparents and special friends? Or nuclear primal family?)

(I'm having a hard time switching my dogs off a corn food I think works for them. I'd have a REALLY hard time serving a not-a-cake cupcake for a child's birthday. How about an ice cream cake with lower-sugar or primally-sweetened ice cream? Even if Grok didn't run into a patisserie when running from sabre-tooths, I'm sure he stumbled over a honeycomb when gathering...)

And yes. Some have suggested I'm the Devil on the Left Shoulder. But I have yet to try a not-a-cake that satisfies. I'm still trying to get the last one off the roof of my mouth.

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mini chocolate clafoutis! ;-) I made some last night in custard dishes (ramekins). They bake up really quick (15-20min?) & I was liberal with my cocoa powder so they were almost like a dark chocolate bar in flavor. topped with whipped cream that might work... I made mine with nutmeg, cardamon, vanilla & hazelnut meal/flour (1T cane sugar). but I'm just throwing suggestions out there - it's your party! (try muffin tins)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast