Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not hungry/low calories page

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member

Not hungry/low calories

Shop Now
    So I'm a little over two weeks in, and I can feel my body adjusting (except my GI, but that's a different story altogether). I've been tracking my meals using FitDay, and I know from some reading an experience that everything on that site is a bit lean. That being said, on days when I'm hungry enough to eat 3 meals, I'm only getting 1,500 cals (probably more around 17-1,800). On days that I don't, I'm having issues hitting 1,000.

I don't eat a lot of veggies because I've always had an issue with the texture of most, thought I'm trying. My end goal is to be fit, with some obvious weight loss on the way (6'3" 250, want to be 200ish). Is this a healthy route to be on? Should I be hungrier? Any insight would be faaaaaaantastic

Note: Other than some walks I take randomly, I haven't been doing any extra physical activity for the adjustment period. I experienced a few bouts of light-headedness and didn't want to push my luck (hence the lack of activities).

FitDay:
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...mbordenkircher

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap, you get full on 1,000 calories? I am a 14 year old girl, and I can wolf down over 3,000 in a day without blinking an eye. I had 1,200 calories for breakfast four hours ago, and am, in fact, about to eat a nice piece of chicken covered in olive oil. My stomach would implode if I ate that little, and you are quite nearly a foot taller then me (5'5).

Maybe I'm just weird.

If you aren't hungry, I wouldn't worry about it, though. Unless you have a thyroid problem, your body is good at telling you how much it needs, and I would just follow your hunger signals.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsister View Post
    Holy crap, you get full on 1,000 calories? I am a 14 year old girl, and I can wolf down over 3,000 in a day without blinking an eye. I had 1,200 calories for breakfast four hours ago, and am, in fact, about to eat a nice piece of chicken covered in olive oil. My stomach would implode if I ate that little, and you are quite nearly a foot taller then me (5'5).

Maybe I'm just weird.

If you aren't hungry, I wouldn't worry about it, though. Unless you have a thyroid problem, your body is good at telling you how much it needs, and I would just follow your hunger signals.
    Your a beast @_@

Im 18 years old 5'6 and 145 lbs and i wish i ate nearly as much as you =P
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Had almost a pound of beef for dinner last night, and put a Tablespoon of butter on it.

It was delicious ;P

OP should start eating ground beef with melted butter IMO.

A man your size, OP, should be eating at least 2,000 calories a day. Perhaps you should start weightlifting. That always makes me hungry.

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure my eating habits will change a bit once I do start working out again. I was working out 6 days a week previous to starting PB living. I lost 70 lbs on my own. It might be my (*cough* backed up) GI, and my body is literally full. Any other advice on the negative effects?

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    I'm with beefsister on this one! I too have no problem packing away the calories and am 5'6 120lbs female. I don't think I could, or WANT to survive on only 1000 calories a day-I just love eating too much. I have no problem clearing 2000 calories daily.
    I am fairly active though, so that helps keep my hunger up

Remember OP, you need to consume at LEAST enough calories so your body can function daily. That is going to be more than 1000-check your BMR to be sure
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

It's probably alright to eat that little for now. But if you start working out, you're going to have to increase that number. Do you drink a lot of coffee? Coffee always makes me full. I just realized this, because I had a cup while waiting for my chicken to cook, and now I feel surprisingly filled up. But maybe this is irrelevant unless you have 10 cups of Jo a day.

If you are still worried about eating too little, drink a little olive oil. I sometimes do this to even out my protein to fat ratio, if I've already eaten a bunch of meat. Lots of concentrated calories, and I think it's tasty. If you refuse to drink straight oil, try drizzling some on a small salad.

Joe B is offline Member
    Beefsister: all I can say is wow, that is alot of food for a small person, hah.

OP: Some people who eat primally just cannot go by hunger levels in order to eat enough due to the satiety that protein and fat provide. I am one of those people, so I know the situation you are in. How much weight have you lost so far? The light-headedness can be caused by either too little calories or getting used to eating much less carbs than before. In your case I would say it's too few calories, even though you just started two weeks ago, because 1,500 is not much, and I've experienced light-headedness when I don't eat enough. I've found that eating things that are both easy to get down and provide a good amount of calories is a good route. This includes, and is not limited to, eggs, nuts, nut butters, and butter. I agree with Beefsister, start lifting heavy and eat at least 2,000 calories a day, that is a good place to start. Adjust as necessary.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Beefsister, you are definitely the youngest here. First it was me, then some dude, and now you. Lol.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Eat when hungry. Stop when full.

When I follow that routine, I rarely break over 1000 calories myself. Now, on days that I work out more...ie: yard work dog walking, etc, I will still typically eat around 1000 cals but then by that 2nd or 3rd day...I am ravenous and almost 'catch back up' as it were.

Eat when hungry. Stop when full.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast