Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super dry itchy scalp and face page

Lisasaurus is offline Junior Member

Super dry itchy scalp and face

Primal Fuel
    I deal with an incredibly itchy scalp off and on, and right now it is ON. I have tried apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, nothing seems to help. It feels like my head is burning, and there are a gazillion flakes.

Any helpful tips??? Thinking of getting food allergy testing done, and that might be helpful for this issue, no?

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Ringworm? You would treat it with an over the counter anti fungal.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever tried giving up nuts, dairy, or eggs? Nuts caused my scalp to go crazy. Diary does it for a friend of mine.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

I am definitely gonna go for the allergy testing. I have this feeling like I have an egg allergy.

Just be aware that allergy testing is often not that useful. An elimination diet might be a better option. You could try the basic autoimmune paleo diet (no eggs, dairy, nuts, coffee, nightshades) for a month and then add back in one at a time. Or if you have a feeling it's eggs, try eggs for a month and see what happens.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I agree with jammies. If you think it's eggs, give them up for 30 days.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

i did do an elimination diet a couple of years ago, and soy was the only thing i noticed making a difference. but some of these things take days to show up allergy wise, and it was hard for me to track symptoms. my naturopath is suggesting a blood allergy test.

i feel like my diet is already so limited that its hard for me to take out nuts and eggs and dairy and nightshades. (already off coffee).

this is the test: US BioTek Laboratories - Antibody Assessment Panels

Quote Originally Posted by Lisasaurus View Post
    i did do an elimination diet a couple of years ago, and soy was the only thing i noticed making a difference. but some of these things take days to show up allergy wise, and it was hard for me to track symptoms. my naturopath is suggesting a blood allergy test.

i feel like my diet is already so limited that its hard for me to take out nuts and eggs and dairy and nightshades. (already off coffee).

I know the feeling! Maybe the test will be great for you, some people do like it. When I had it done, over 20 foods came back. It was really tough eliminating all of them, and in the end it didn't get to the root of my issues. Hopefully yours will help you zero in on the culprit faster. Good luck!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member

This is why, when you do an elimination diet, you should re-intro things one at a time and let 2-3 days of clean eating go by before re-introducing the next item.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Grizz is offline Banned
    I deal with an incredibly itchy scalp off and on, and right now it is ON. I have tried apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, nothing seems to help. It feels like my head is burning, and there are a gazillion flakes.

Any helpful tips??? Thinking of getting food allergy testing done, and that might be helpful for this issue, no?
    YES ! I suffered with that problems for DECADES & tried everything to no avail. I am now 2 months into ZERO flakes & no more itching. Simply mix 5 drops of 5% Lugols iodine (from Amazon.Com) into 1/2 ounce of water and apply to the scalp, dry with towel. Repeat each day for a few days to get rid of the most stubborn spots. Then Dandruff Free for who knows how long. I hope it is permanent. My wife is checking my scalp each week and so far so good!

I don't know how much longer this treatment will last, but 2 months is already longer than anything else I've ever tried.

If the rest of your skin is dry ( doesn't sweat) then you are iodine deficient. Read this book, "The Iodine Crises."
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

You may need to take the Dr. Browstein Iodine Protocol:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

List of iodine deficiency symptoms:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Deficiency

Grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast