Thread: Say "Cheese" page

David is offline Senior Member

Cool Say "Cheese"

Shop Now
    Yesterday I made a almond meal crust pizza with tomato sauce, meat, some veggies, and cheese for toppings. Good flavor, etc. What I noticed though was how my body seemed to feel good after eating the pizza. It was like, about time you ate cheese, again! The sauce was savory, too. I wonder if by eating Paleo I'm missing some basic needs like cheese and tomato sauce in my diet now and then. There are other times I feel the desire to eat beans, too, or ice cream but forgo these food items because I like to follow the PB and Paleo diet.

Anyone else have the same situations occur where you feel great after consuming some foods that are not on the PB or Paleo diet list such as cheese, tomato sauce, or beans? Is it really that detrimental to the PB or Paleo stay lean diet to consume of these foods occasionally?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Are you certain that it was a physical, and not a mental "high" from the cheese?

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I love cheese. I think as long as you arent allergic and are maintaining your weight , it can be part of a good primal diet.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

David is offline Senior Member
    May have been mental. But it sure felt good to enjoy the cheese and sauce! It hit the spot. Is it detrimental to eat some foods that aren't supposedly good for you like cheese and tomato sauce. Probably not, as long as you don't consume too much and too often.
    Read this blog in reference to what I am questioning:

http://leangains.blogspot.com/

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    I think there are times when food alone, the experience of eating a certain food, the circumstances surrounding it (like who made it, whether it's for a special celebration, if there's good company) can just make you feel great. Sushi is one food that I won't be giving up, regardless of how primal I become. Even when I had my worst digestive problems, when I ate sushi, I always felt great afterwards...even when I stuffed myself on it ridiculously.

We don't eat it that often, because we end up spending a lot of money when we do, so it's a "treat." We generally try to go out with friends, or it's just the Man and I and we're celebrating something, so there's always good company, sushi restaurants tend to be great atmosphere's to eat in...who knows?

I certainly do think, but couldn't prove it, that stressing out about eating something that you shouldn't eat is going to affect how it makes your body feel at least half as much as eating whatever it is. When I consciously "cheat" there are times when my body tells me it doesn't like it, and I avoid it in the future. There are other times when I feel great afterward. Of course, it could be argued that even if you feel great, there may be some other unseen damage being done, but if it's not something that's happening all the time...I certainly wouldn't recommend a heaping serving of cortisol on top of whatever "bad" food it is that you're eating.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I consider some cheese and tomato sauce to fit perfectly in my definition of primal, and I've lost weight easily eating cheese almost every day. I know everyone is different, but what is really wrong with cheese, as long as you're not a "food reenactor"? On a list of all the foods out there, nutritionally cheese has to come in on the more-PB side - it's basically animal fat with plenty of protein and vitamins. The nightshades thing I don't understand, maybe I need to read up more on that.