Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody got a primal cat? page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    this is his brother climbing up my leg:

he is less camera shy
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    I have a 13yo tuxedo named Max, who I jokingly call "Paleo Cat." He was raised strictly indoors until he was almost 4, and after we moved into my current house in a lower-traffic neighborhood I started letting him out.

About two years later, he discovered that hunting rats was fun! But it took him another year to learn how to actually kill the damned things--I had to put a lot of his early prey out of its misery myself. Once he figured out how to make a clean kill, he started leaving an incredible number of dead rats by the kitchen door or on the front porch. I knew we had a rat problem in the neighborhood, but he was bringing me rats almost every day one summer. I recall finding one by the kitchen door, disposing of it, then going out the front door and there was another one!

He was content to bring me intact prey for another few years. Then, he figured out how to open those "presents," and over the last two years he's been bringing me smaller and smaller portions of them. Last year, he'd still bring snouts and tails, but now it's just certain individual organs he won't eat (the coecum, I think?). He's a nose-to-tail kinda guy, now.

He'll get really excited in the evenings, or just before dawn--as if he's going to explode if I don't let him out. I open the door, he's gone like a shot, and within 5-10 minutes I hear the telltale cry he makes when he has a mouth full of dead rat.

Sure, he'll come back in and eat wet food with the rest of the cats, but he gets most of his calories from prey. And it's no coincidence that he has the best, cleanest teeth of all my cats.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    hm, there are a lot of random chickens around here. maybe I'll try to train my huge black tuxedo cat to bring some food home for his bros.
    LOL my cat has lots of rabbits to get so she pretty much leaves the birds alone. rabbits are far tastier i think for a cat. in terms of larger birds, so far i've only had a duckling in the house running around. i've never seen her get a full grown duck. altho i did have an ocicat who got an Ozzie magpie. and they used to lose a lot of kakapo to feral cats. they are the size of a chook.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LOL my cat has lots of rabbits to get so she pretty much leaves the birds alone. rabbits are far tastier i think for a cat. in terms of larger birds, so far i've only had a duckling in the house running around. i've never seen her get a full grown duck. altho i did have an ocicat who got an Ozzie magpie. and they used to lose a lot of kakapo to feral cats. they are the size of a chook.

Mine's not primal. I tried to get him to "lift heavy" and he just laughed. I gave him Pottenger to read, and he fell asleep on it.

However, he is starring in the new Bond movie. In this one, the psycho in the bunker hasn't got a cat: he IS a cat. Its called "You Only Live 9 Times".

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Our tuxedo cat is called Gob, but his actual given, birth name is "A Magician Named Gob."

Junior (the newly primal cat) is over his diarrhea now; he is pooping solid and has been eating well the last few days. He gained half a pound- we are worried that he is so thin still- we gave him a dewormer kinda medicine about a month ago and he hasn't been gaining weight still, though he broke his leg or something on motherfucking Donald Trump's ridiculous barbed wire pallisade wall, and has been recovering from that
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I have two kittens...both British long hairs, Heike and James. They were raised on raw ground meat by the breeder, however after two weeks with us they started to refuse to eat it.
    I switched to kitten specialized food and meat but they prefer to eat real meat, so we also give them either fish we have or I by natural food...

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Thought you guys may enjoy this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    I have a savannah that eats a high quality, high protein dry food but has to have whatever meat I am eating. She also likes eggs, cheese, cashew butter, and coconut oil!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we had a black ocicat abysinnian cross who used to eat asparagus. wouldnt touch any other veges. just specifically asparagus.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234