Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nj doe down! page

not on the rug is offline Senior Member

nj doe down!

Primal Fuel
    I shot a nice doe last night. double lung shot and the grim reaper razortips did their job. she trotted about 40 yards, stopped and stood for a second, and went down.

I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Nice work!

Sent via F-22 Raptor

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I shot a nice doe last night. double lung shot and the grim reaper razortips did their job. she trotted about 40 yards, stopped and stood for a second, and went down.

Awesome job, bra. Where'd you hit her? I have some freezer space on standby. Don't stop murdering delicious bambis.

adam204 is offline Member
    Nice :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Awesome job, bra. Where'd you hit her? I have some freezer space on standby. Don't stop murdering delicious bambis.
    my knee is barely covering the entrance wound. she was facing the direction that she is in the picture, and about 8 yards away. I was 15ft in the air in a treestand. so the arrow entered high, through the left lung, and came out low, through the right lung.

I had to drop her off at the butcher last night. that was the first time I've ever had to do that. I couldn't stay up until midnight butchering, and its too warm out to let her hang overnight to butcher today. there will be a decent amount of meat though. 1 down...plenty more to go
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

How many tags do you get up there? I'm assuming bow and rifle or shotgun.

I had a similar shot Christmas last year, but I was 15 feet up in a guest bedroom window, and the doe was about 15 yards out. Also I had to put down my bourbon to steady the crossbow.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    How many tags do you get up there? I'm assuming bow and rifle or shotgun.

I had a similar shot Christmas last year, but I was 15 feet up in a guest bedroom window, and the doe was about 15 yards out. Also I had to put down my bourbon to steady the crossbow.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    in nj, you can only hunt deer with a bow/crossbow or a shotgun. no rifle hunting.

I typically only shotgun hunt during the standard 6 day long season. for that, you're allowed 2 bucks. there are all sorts of extended/permit seasons, etc. but I don't bother. i'd rather bow hunt

as for bow hunting: there are 3 separate seasons in nj. fall bow (from mid September through the end of October), permit bow (all of November and all of December), and winter bow (in most zones all of January through mid-February). for each season (in most zones) you are allowed 1 buck tag per season and you can kill unlimited doe.

I remember that story. never a good idea to spill bourbon on a crossbow. good thinking!

Unlimited doe rules! Stock up.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Unlimited doe rules! Stock up.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    that's the plan. I actually bought a chest freezer a few weeks ago.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I always feel a little bad getting a doe, but WOW do they test better sans testosterone.

Last week I got my first buck of the year, a two year old I cannot imagine was going to make it through a bad winter. Tomorrow bow season opens in my home state.

Haven't gotten a deer with a rifle in my life. Something feels unfair to take it from 200 yards.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast