Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoothie booster page

MaceyUK is online now Senior Member

Smoothie booster

Primal Fuel
    If you don't agree with smoothies please don't post...start your own thread about how we might as well drink coke etc.
    I always put kale in my smoothies and I sometimes use home-dried when I can't get to the shop. The home dried seems to blend better. I have also started adding a spoon of green tea matcha because of its well known and comprehensive health benefits. I am considering adding some powdered kelp to make sure I'm getting the iodine that my body may or may not need (separate thread again you halide haters).
    Any thoughts on proportions for maximum benefits and minimal wastage.
    Other ingredients Chaokoh coconut milk (less additives than others)
    Banana
    Frozen Blueberries
    Vanilla
    Cinnamon
    Spoon of raw, cold-spun honey
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Please check the iodine content of kelp before adding it; it's pretty easy to overdose on iodine. Yes I know there's an iodine thread where people take in mega amounts, but IMO more than 2-3 mg/day could be harmful. I get about 1 mg from mixing kelp flakes with salt on my eggs. If you're taking iodine, eat some Brazil nuts because you need selenium to absorb the iodine.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

otzi Guest
    Add 1-2TBS of unmodified potato starch. Cheap and easy to find. It's a great prebiotic, your gut microbes break it down very well.

MaceyUK is online now Senior Member
    Potato starch makes me fart like a cow after a curry
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Potato starch makes me fart like a cow after a curry
    proof that you need it!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    A couple of raw eggs and/or a couple ounces of raw liver would do wonders for that concoction.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    A couple of raw eggs and/or a couple ounces of raw liver would do wonders for that concoction.
    ...Raw liver? But what about the taste...?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    ...Raw liver? But what about the taste...?
    You'll never notice with all that other stuff in there.

I use to make my son a simple smoothie with home made yogurt, strawberries, bannanas, and a couple ounces liver.... a few times a week. He never had a clue . Now if you load up more than just a couple ounces (like 6oz or something), then yeah you will taste that.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just wondering...how often do cows GET curry in the UK?

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine always have home-made kefir and usually some nuts/ seeds, thrown in whole.

ETA - and can I just say I wrote that before seeing the preceding post? But it works out well anyhow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast