Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoothie booster page 2

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just wondering...how often do cows GET curry in the UK?
    Everybody gets to and indeed has to eat curry in the uk, it's the law!
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Add 1-2TBS of unmodified potato starch. Cheap and easy to find. It's a great prebiotic, your gut microbes break it down very well.
    otzi, how often would you recommend to use the potato starch for the best benefit.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

miata is offline Senior Member
    I switch back and forth between baby kale and baby spinach. I little trick that works well for me is to buy in bulk from Costco and store in the freezer for better storage. I make kefir from coconut milk and the sourness really offsets the bitterness of greens. I have a Vitamix and really pulverize the greens before adding other ingredients like a banana and berries. The other thing I add from time to time is chia seeds.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    otzi, how often would you recommend to use the potato starch for the best benefit.
    Start out with 1-2TBS/day, up it to 3-4TBS/day after a couple weeks, then back off just using 1-4TBS a few days a week or whenever you feel like it, really.

I'm also told Mung Bean starch is easily available and just as good, or better than potato starch.

If you are interested in gut health Dr.BG has a good series on the care and feeding of gut flora. Resistant Starch is a great food-source for gut microbes, hence the potato starch.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Start out with 1-2TBS/day, up it to 3-4TBS/day after a couple weeks, then back off just using 1-4TBS a few days a week or whenever you feel like it, really.

I'm also told Mung Bean starch is easily available and just as good, or better than potato starch.

If you are interested in gut health Dr.BG has a good series on the care and feeding of gut flora. Resistant Starch is a great food-source for gut microbes, hence the potato starch.
    otzi, Thanks for the info and the link. Looks interesting!
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Everybody gets to and indeed has to eat curry in the uk, it's the law!
    This reminds me of a funny exchange I once had with a friend. She told me her husband(who grew up in California, so this is even MORE astonishing) didn't like Mexican or Chinese food. I asked, 'How can you be American, and not like Mexican or Chinese food?!?" I did not see any disconnect- foreign cuisine is our national dish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12