Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ever have a bad day? page

Iron Will is offline Senior Member

Anyone else ever have a bad day?

Primal Fuel
    Man I just feel burnt today. I mentioned in one of the other threads one of my favorite circuits

Double Kettle bell front squat x 20 @ 24kg
    Kettle bell renegade row x 15 per side @ 24kg
    Kettle bell reaching press x 15 per side @ 24kg
    Jump rope 150

This is what I did today at lunch. I take an hour so with dynamic warm plus stretch cool down and a shower I can get through this 5 times. Today I barely could make it through 3! WTF!?!?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has bad days.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was deadlift day. With traveling and stuff I hadn't been able to deadlift in 2 weeks. My last deadlift day I lifted 400 lbs, and thought I'd pull 405 yesterday (my goal). Nope. Worked my way up to 385 and just felt..."off". Way off. Form was breaking down, didn't feel good about it. I stopped deadlifting and just finished up my workout with a bunch of weighted chins and dips.

It happens. Just beast everything next time.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Not to piss in you guys' cereal, but I felt totally out of it today. Got worked a bit at Jits last night, then had to stay and clean the academy top to bottom, got to bed late, and slept terribly. Thought I was in serious danger of failing to hit all my reps.

Got under the bar to squat 300 and kept having to ask my 2 partners if I was high because they felt "easy." Of course, "easy" in this sense means that the rep didn't take 5 seconds of grinding to complete. It was still crushingly hard. 300 lbs will never be easy.

Bench (not my best lift) was 207.5. Maybe the 5th rep of the third set was a tiny bit slow. Again, these were hard, but not crushingly hard.

Haven't deadlifted anything over 400 for over a month. Loaded up 405 and pulled all 5 reps without even pausing for a second breath in-between reps. Of course, I'm shortish, so these are a better lift for me, but I literally have to put the bar down gently between reps due to the condo loft gym situation, so I was stoked. Tied an all time 5-rep PR.

But yeah, I've had too many of those days like you guys describe over the past few months. The solution was more milkshakes. I'm up to 165 lbs and probably 18% body fat or more, so that's part of it.

Maybe that's what I've got to do is increase my sugars a bit. Last week I just crushed my circuits! I felt great doing them and my weights in the evening felt pretty good too but man this week I've been feeling lethargic and just sapped. I was stumbling over the rope today. BALLS!!!

Thanks for making me feel like the only one though. Rich you're a freakin animal

I'm NOT the only one. Damn man. Jus off today.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Thanks for making me feel like the only one though. Rich you're a freakin animal
    Thanks man. I feel kinda strongish for a 165 pound guy until I look up the women's 148 lb world records and realize that I'm easily 150 pounds behind Taylar Stallings' total on my best day.

We all have those days. Any chance you may be getting sick? A lot of times when I feel super weak under the bar, it's because I'm fighting something off and within the following day or two, I come down with a stomach bug or something. Might not be a dumb idea to take a bunch of vitamin D and coconut oil, and get plenty of rest, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Thanks man. I feel kinda strongish for a 165 pound guy until I look up the women's 148 lb world records and realize that I'm easily 150 pounds behind Taylar Stallings' total on my best day.

We all have those days. Any chance you may be getting sick? A lot of times when I feel super weak under the bar, it's because I'm fighting something off and within the following day or two, I come down with a stomach bug or something. Might not be a dumb idea to take a bunch of vitamin D and coconut oil, and get plenty of rest, just in case.
    I hope I'm not getting sick. One of the girls that works for my wife went home with the stomach flu yesterday.

I already take 15 000 IUs of D but I'll definitely increase my coconut oil. Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    I hope I'm not getting sick. One of the girls that works for my wife went home with the stomach flu yesterday.

I already take 15 000 IUs of D but I'll definitely increase my coconut oil. Thanks dude.
    Hope my hunch is wrong. Good luck!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I definitely woke up with a pretty sore throat this morning. I never get really sick, but will fight off whatever everyone has once a year or so. That's today. I figure that's to blame for yesterday's workout. I'll evaluate in the morning and see if I should go lift or not.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast