Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegan paleo diet page 2

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I don't understand why we have to walk on eggshells about issues like religion and veganism. The answer is a firm, definite no. As in no evidence that anybody survived for any period of time on a vegan diet during the paleolithic period,, no chance we'd have these large brains and small acidic stomachs if we were to thrive as vegans, no way to be healthy on a truly vegan diet in the long run, and no reason to feel self-righteous about not eating other animals.
    But gorillas are vegan and they be sum swole MF'ers!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    In many ways paleo is a warning against plant proteins so they'd be hard to reconcile.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    That's true (well, not really, they're mostly vegan, but I digress). Of course they accomplish this with an entirely different digestive system than the one you and I have.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand why we have to walk on eggshells about issues like religion and veganism. The answer is a firm, definite no. As in no evidence that anybody survived for any period of time on a vegan diet during the paleolithic period,, no chance we'd have these large brains and small acidic stomachs if we were to thrive as vegans, no way to be healthy on a truly vegan diet in the long run, and no reason to feel self-righteous about not eating other animals.
    Agreed 100%. Both, regarding religion and about veganism.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    That's true (well, not really, they're mostly vegan, but I digress). Of course they accomplish this with an entirely different digestive system than the one you and I have.
    Sarcasm not detected?
    Some vegan actually posted the gorilla argument on an article I read the other day, think it was about cholesterol...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    No, not possible.

Humans as a species would have gone extinct if they tried to go vegan back in the day.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Vegan AND paleo would leave what, exactly?

No meat, dairy, eggs, flour, veg/peanut oils, broth, soy, anything processed.

So you eat what, vegetables and fruit, all day? When you eat out, the garden salad would be the only thing on the meny. At a certain point it all becomes a joke.....not to mention you'd be emaciated, B12 deficient, and overall look like you just escaped from a labor camp.

Other than that, sounds totally plausible.
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Insects are vegan?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Sarcasm not detected?
    Some vegan actually posted the gorilla argument on an article I read the other day, think it was about cholesterol...
    No, I knew you were being sarcastic. Just posting for the sake of posterity/less enlightened folks who may stumble across your post and think it's serious. Since some silly vegans do actually think this is a viable argument.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since some silly vegans do actually think this is a viable argument.
    ...And they'll have plenty of real life examples too. You know, all those massive, gorilla-like-built vegans roaming through the lands...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast