Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could recommend one 10-min routine... page

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

If you could recommend one 10-min routine...

Shop Now
    ...what would it be? No huge/fancy equipments.

I have overloaded myself this semester as usual... As such, I am short on time a lot of the days of the week. I do strength when I can make it to the gym (on avg 2-4x/week) though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Fossman is offline Member
    If you want something that is high intensity you could do a tabata style body weight workout circuit basically 20 seconds as many reps as possible (with good form) 10 seconds of rest for 5 sets doing all of the following.

Pull ups (if you have a pull up bar)
    Squats
    Push-Ups
    Planks or Situps

that will get you a good workout in 10 minutes

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    If you want something that is high intensity you could do a tabata style body weight workout circuit basically 20 seconds as many reps as possible (with good form) 10 seconds of rest for 5 sets doing all of the following.

Pull ups (if you have a pull up bar)
    Squats
    Push-Ups
    Planks or Situps

that will get you a good workout in 10 minutes
    Tabata protocol is 8 rounds.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    one of the quick ones I like to do occasionally is a deck of cards workout. assign each suit an exercise. so...spades are squats, clubs are pushups, hearts are pullups, and diamonds are burpees. shuffle the deck and go through each card, doing whatever it is. ex: 7 of clubs = 7 pushups. go through the entire deck

another one that I've done before is hindu pushups and squats. basically, do 10 hindu pushups, jump up and do 10 squats. repeat that over and over for whatever duration of time: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.

the 100 burpee challenge. see how long it takes you to do 100 burpees. trust me, it's longer than you think.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Tabata protocol is 8 rounds.
    true but in order for her to finish in ten minutes you would need to cut it down to 5 rounds so it would be a tabata style routine with only 5 rounds instead of 8 I associate the tabata style with the timing of 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest.

true but in order for her to finish in ten minutes you would need to cut it down to 5 rounds so it would be a tabata style routine with only 5 rounds instead of 8 I associate the tabata style with the timing of 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest.
    8 rouds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off takes 4 minutes. Isn't 4<10?

8 rouds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off takes 4 minutes. Isn't 4<10?
    I am talking 5 rounds of each exercise which would be 2 min 30 sec for each exercise for a total of 10 minutes

I am talking 5 rounds of each exercise which would be 2 min 30 sec for each exercise for a total of 10 minutes
    What?! That's insane. You can't maintain Tabata-appropriate intensity levels for 10 minutes. Not possible. You're turning Tabata into CrossFit.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    agree with RM on this one. tabata is 20s on and 10s off. 8 rounds. 4 minutes total. if you're going hard enough (actual tabata intensity) the 4 minutes is all you need. trust me on this one
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

What?! That's insane. You can't maintain Tabata-appropriate intensity levels for 10 minutes. Not possible. You're turning Tabata into CrossFit.
    you don't have to maintain an all out tabata principle by going as fast as possible but using the 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest can get you a great workout in 10 minutes; it doesn't mean you have to get huge amounts of reps in during your working sets. It is just an option for trying to get a high intensity workout in a very short span of time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast