Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If you could recommend one 10-min routine... page 4

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Speaking of hearing people climax, at my old apartment, the dude living above me would occasionally have a "guest" over at night. Basically what would happen is around 2am I would be woken up due to sounds of the bed frame creaking and shaking. It would accelerate to a very fast rate, and after about a minute would suddenly stop. Then I would go back to sleep.

Yep, good times...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Speaking of hearing people climax, at my old apartment, the dude living above me would occasionally have a "guest" over at night. Basically what would happen is around 2am I would be woken up due to sounds of the bed frame creaking and shaking. It would accelerate to a very fast rate, and after about a minute would suddenly stop. Then I would go back to sleep.

Yep, good times...
    Says the guy with the screen name "quikky"...

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Well how long does the whole thing take? Might want to get to know him better.
    About 10 mins? About 3-4x throughout the night though. I thought about pulling an angry old lady move and knocking on the ceiling a couple of times. I am grumpy when people wake me up.

And no. Not dating anyone at my school. Been there, done that, not a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Says the guy with the screen name "quikky"...
    Hmm... I walked right into that one, didn't I?

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    One of my favorite circuits is:

10 double kettle bell front squats
    10 each side renegade rows
    10 kettle reaching press
    Jump rope 150 times.

Back to back to back

Rinse and repeat. Only rest as long as you absolutely have to then move into the next exercise. 10 minutes is a short amount of time but you should be able to get through this at least twice.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Following from someone'sc post in another thread:

Get the song Flower by Moby, then put it on repeat and let it play 3 times while you do the following in time with the lyrics:

Pushup variation that would allow you to do say 40 reps before failure.

Squat variation that would allow you to do say 40 reps before failure. Either weighted or a bodyweight only variation. If straight air squats are too light, try pistols or an assisted pistol variation.

Pullup variation that you could do 40 reps of.

For the squats and Pushups, go down when the singer says "down" and up when the singer days "up". Reverse this for thepullups.

All up 10 mins 18 seconds for a good fun total body workout.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I would do squats for my dedicated 10 minute exercise.

Then, anytime I passed a suitable pull-up station (playground, pull-up bar next to the tennis court, whatever), I'd stop and do a few. Waiting for the microwave? Pushups. Waiting for my coffee? Lunges. Got a class on the 5th floor? Run the stairs and maybe go up and down a couple times if there's time.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Misabi is online now Senior Member

Re: If you could recommend one 10-min routine...

So I guess the opinion here then is that the crossfit wods "tabata this" and "tabata something else" aren't actually Tabata? Though i guess they are technically multiple tabata workouts back to back?

Or is this just another example of crossfit taking something that's good and making it "better" by doing more?

"Tabata This!"

Tabata Row
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Squat
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Pull-up
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Push-up
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Sit-up

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
    Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Total reps from all 32 intervals is your score.

I actually quite like doing "Tabata Something Else" every so often to compare numbers, even if it's not really a tabata
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    So I guess the opinion here then is that the crossfit wods "tabata this" and "tabata something else" aren't actually Tabata? Though i guess they are technically multiple tabata workouts back to back?

Or is this just another example of crossfit taking something that's good and making it "better" by doing more?

"Tabata This!"

Tabata Row
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Squat
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Pull-up
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Push-up
    Rest 1 minute
    Tabata Sit-up

The Tabata interval is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 intervals.
    Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Total reps from all 32 intervals is your score.

I actually quite like doing "Tabata Something Else" every so often to compare numbers, even if it's not really a tabata
    That ain't Tabata because it's impossible to keep up the intensity in line with the Tabata protocol that many times. If you're not smoked, lungs burning, wishing you could puke after 4 minutes, you can't say Tabata or the Tabata police will come get you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast