Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help for the new guy page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Add in some bone broth, a cup daily if possible. It's easy to make, there's lots of recipes here.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

welshjames is offline Junior Member
    It's still not working. I've put back on the weight I've lost. I've downloaded myfitnesspal to log my calorie intake my weekly breakdown is 48% fat 23%carbs and. 29% protein. Average calorie intake is 1200 and I'm struggling to eat anymore lol. Any ideas folks :-(

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welshjames View Post
    It's still not working. I've put back on the weight I've lost. I've downloaded myfitnesspal to log my calorie intake my weekly breakdown is 48% fat 23%carbs and. 29% protein. Average calorie intake is 1200 and I'm struggling to eat anymore lol. Any ideas folks :-(
    Hi mate,
    Have you put back on body fat that you'd lost, or are you just back up to your previous weight but without gassing the fat back?

weight's just a number in the scale, not the best way to measure How're you're going.

1200 calories per day is very low, especially if your training lots, though i would've thought you're likely to lose muscle mass in those circumstances.
    Fat gain, especially around your midsection could be due to high cortisol as a result of stressing your body to much with over training and under eating.

What are your stats?
    Age, weight, height, waist, etc.
    The more info we have the better we can narrow down or advice.
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-12-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

My clothes aren't feeling very loose to be honest. I need to double check bodyfat but up by 4kgs is almost certainly fat :-(

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    My clothes aren't feeling very loose to be honest. I need to double check bodyfat but up by 4kgs is almost certainly fat :-(
    I think it's better to take measurements of key body parts rather than weight (unless weight is actually an importantpart of your goal eg. you're a jockey, fighter, etc.).

Measure your chest, waist arms (upper and forearm) & legs (thighs and calves).

You say your goal is to lose fat without having to train as much as you were. How have you been training over the proud that you've put the 4kgs back on?

How much snacking have you been doing that you haven't factored into your fitday calculations?

FrenchFry's exercise recommendations are good.

Beer with your Saturday night curry? It ain't a curry workout a pint, right?

Again, those stats would help
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, I try to eat beef 2-3 times/day. Lamb's just as good.
    Though I respect the bearded handled bat more than words can convey, lamb doesn't have the protein per ounce that beef does. Just sayin'. I love lamb, and it's a regular part of my diet, but it's not just as good.

Don't beat me. LOL.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    More fat
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Training has been 2 weight sessions, 2 sessions of hiit (15 mins of crunches, pressups, bodyweight squats), 3 times this week I've been walking to work (3 miles) and 1 sprint session (ran home from work switching between sprints and jogging). I've been careful with my training as I'm recovering from an injured neck from rugby.

In terms of snacking I've factored the snacks into my calorie count using my fitnesspal
    I haven't been consuming alcohol as I only really like cider and it's mostly sugars anyway so been sticking with green tea and water.
    Have been eating a lot of peanut butter lately (maybe that's not helped) though so I've cut that out completely. The weekly cheat has been some chocolate buttons on a Friday/Saturday night. To put such a weight back I must be making a huge fundamental error.

Don't be afraid to tell me straight guys I can take it lol. I want to make the best of the lifestyle and get the results I know are possible :-)

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Don't snack. Go a long time between meals so that your body has to burn fat. I found that switching my body off sugar and carbs and onto fat was the key. This is not so great long term so I now have a few evenings a week where I eat some carbs and don't sweat having root veggies but you may need to be more stringent about carb avoidance for a bit. Some peope will tell you that this is wrong but it is how most people get their metabolic flexibility back.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12