Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeaway pizza page

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member

Takeaway pizza

Primal Fuel
    I am making a poster for the school where I work to explain exactly why pizza is so bad for you. The target audience is teenage boys who are quite keen to look good with their shirts off. All ideas welcome.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    tough challenge when there are pics like this floating around the interwebs

That's Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on one of his cheat days by the way.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just off the top of my head, I think I'd dissect it and show what's wrong with each ingredient. For eg., why wheat in the crust isn't good, what goes into things like pepperoni and sausage, the pesticides in the tomato sauce, the hormones in the processed cheese, how bad seed oils are for you.

The truth is that except for the crust, a pizza made by a mom and pop place that took the time and care with its ingredients is actually pretty good. Organic tomatoes, meats that are cured rather than processed, cheese from non-bgh cows, and genuine olive oil would make for a relatively healthy meal. Figure out a way to make a decent GF crust, and pizza isn't the worst culprit around.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    That's Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on one of his cheat days by the way.
    That picture makes me horny....I mean hungry.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    I am making a poster for the school where I work to explain exactly why pizza is so bad for you. The target audience is teenage boys who are quite keen to look good with their shirts off. All ideas welcome.
    The liklihood is that you'll want to speak to the kids who are overweight, not all kids in general. So, I would think of those kids as my target market. Some teenagers can eat pizza three meals a day and still have a completely flat stomach and love what they look like -- it's really tough to make the case to them, right?

People don't tend to buy into the "but you could perform BETTER than you already do" argument. As it goes for health, if they're not fat, sick or dying they typically don't want to hear what you have to say.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Kids usually don't respond to prohibition. What might work is a more positive guide for homemade "cheats/hacks" to make an easy pseudo-pizza inside bell peppers, portobello caps, or casserole dish. A different tack might be to call out the popular chains for their cheap/toxic ingredients so they feel ripped off.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Or tap into the rebellion aspect...just because THEMAN gives you crust, doesn't mean that you have to eat it. Toppings only!

quikky is online now Senior Member
    You're going to try and tell teenage boys not to eat pizza? Good luck with that

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Gotta hate the ones who eat it all the time and still look good...most of them are fit but a bit podgy, no definition in any of the muscles and it's such a waste of all that testosterone...would love to have another crack at being 18 and lifting with a proper diet. They pizza they eat is the nastiest crap made with the cheapest ingredients, it must make them feel pretty lousy.
    Maybe a controlled experiment would be best, pizza eating group versus primal group?
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=JoanieL;1328203]Just off the top of my head, I think I'd dissect it and show what's wrong with each ingredient. For eg., why wheat in the crust isn't good, what goes into things like pepperoni and sausage, the pesticides in the tomato sauce, the hormones in the processed cheese, how bad seed oils are for you.

This made me think "Pie Chart"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast