Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takeaway pizza page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd say meatzza vs pizza as a new trend for the Real Men. My 7 yo makes no secret of her love of meatzza.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    I am making a poster for the school where I work to explain exactly why pizza is so bad for you. The target audience is teenage boys who are quite keen to look good with their shirts off. All ideas welcome.
    Not to be a smartass, but does anyone think pizza is good for them?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I would say that given the dietary villains of teenagers, pizza is not at the top of your hit list.

Soda and all of the processed sugar in pretty much everything else is much worse, as well as all of the vegetable/seed oils, all are much worse than pizza. A thin crust pizza is high in starch due to the crust, but does have some nutritional value. It is often high in fat and protein as well, so the overall caloric bomb is pretty strong....

Plus my two cheat foods are almost always pizza or homemade ice cream. Seems to be working out ok
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    all of the vegetable/seed oils...are much worse than pizza.
    This. Traditional pizza - fermented non-GMO wheat with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, isn't bad at all. That is real pizza. We're not talking Dominos, Pizza Hut and Uno's, which is 9 pounds of GMO dough basted with soybean oil and plastic cheese.

The real villains are things deep fried in and infused with vegetable oil - doughnuts, french fries, chicken nuggets, refrigerated biscuits, funnel cake - and the pseudo-health foods like soy milk, seitan, tofu, margarine, etc - that are causing the health nightmares. If you really want to catch people's attention do an expose on "heart healthy canola oil."
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I make my own pizza always with olive oil and a sourdough crust. It's good.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I make my own pizza always with olive oil and a sourdough crust. It's good.
    I've been making pizza crust out of grated zucchini, mozzarella and carrots. Mix it with one egg and at the end I sprinkle a handful of polenta (I'm grinding whole yellow hominy into polenta in my blender - it's working well) for a crunch. Bake, flip, bake. It really does approximate thin crust pizza...pretty good!

I found this stuff at Shop Rite for $2.49:

http://www.finestbrandfood.com/finest_grains.html

Go down to "Finest Yellow Cracked Corn." It says "golden hominy" on it and it is cracked into piece like they hulled it, so I'm hoping it's alright. No ingredients anywhere on the package.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 10-03-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I've been making pizza crust out of grated zucchini, mozzarella and carrots. Mix it with one egg and at the end I sprinkle a handful of polenta (I'm grinding whole yellow hominy into polenta in my blender - it's working well) for a crunch. Bake, flip, bake. It really does approximate thin crust pizza...pretty good!
    I'll have to give this a try, since I've always liked zucchini. Do you use whisked eggs instead of tomato sauce too, or do you always use tomato sauce? Several times I made a fruit pizza with either eggs or carrot sauce for a more mild flavor.
    nihil

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Traditional pizza isn't the worst food anyway. It's probably healthier than the majority of stuff out there that includes some type of seed oil. Assuming you can tolerate wheat, pizza is a safer choice when eating out i my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'll have to give this a try, since I've always liked zucchini. Do you use whisked eggs instead of tomato sauce too, or do you always use tomato sauce? Several times I made a fruit pizza with either eggs or carrot sauce for a more mild flavor.
    Always tomato. Anything else is a sacrilege to me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Traditional pizza isn't the worst food anyway. It's probably healthier than the majority of stuff out there that includes some type of seed oil. Assuming you can tolerate wheat, pizza is a safer choice when eating out i my opinion.
    Isn't it funny? It's probably the only thing on the menu in a normal restaurant that is guaranteed to not have seed oil in it. Everything else requires pans or grills likely coated in the oil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast