Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keratosis Pilaris page 3

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    what do you guys recommend using to scrub without soap? would just a washcloth suffice?

@kat - i've been using coconut oil to moisturize, should i try some of the stuff you use?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I like to scrub with epsom salts. Just scoop a bit up and use it to exfoliate.

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    I have mild ichtyosis vulgaris inherited from my father and easily develop KP without proper skin care. For me, regular exfoliation (manual and chemical), and even more regular moisturization are essential for nice skin. I do not need to limit hot water or bathing, etc, as long as I replace the moisture that is lost with plenty of high quality lotion, and eat right. I try to apply lotion to my problem areas at least twice per day.

The sun, and sweating, are also very good for my skin. Unfortunately I don't really sweat on my driest areas.

Primal and high-fat have helped quite a bit.

I use a Japanese exfoliating cloth mainly. Also shaving. Glycolic acid, lactic acid, and benzoyl peroxide when I had more severe problems before primal.

Kristopher is offline Junior Member
    For keratosis pilaris home remedy..follow these points...

*After bathing, intensive moisturizing with Vaseline cream may be practiced.
    *Using a bar of neem-oil soap for fixing this problem.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Haven't read through the thread, but cod liver oil cured mine.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    I had no idea this bothered other people, too! I got rid of mine so easily. I put a jar of coconut oil in the bathroom and used it as moisturizer after I got out of the shower (before you dry off, so it goes on lighter). I don't know how, but within a month my bumps were gone. Havent used coconut oil for awhile, but the bumps are still gone. Worked for my daughter, too.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I found it reduced by about 80% after I went Primal - first it was gone from my thighs, then started reducing on my arms. But it hasn't gone completely, and has colonised new territory by my knees... weird...

Anyhoo... I can definitely believe the 'A' deficiency thing, as I was vegetarian before and more or less completely reliant on beta-carotene, and now I'm eating liver regularly. The other thing that's helped is rubbing down with a pumice stone and moisturising with coconut oil after showering. Mind you, the immediate effect of the pumice stone is very red and angry - not recommended if you're self-conscious about it.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I scrub with exfoliating gloves, no soap, and moisturize afterwards with coconut oil. My elbows and upper arms love it.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

peril is online now Senior Member
    Being primal has seen my KP disappear. No need for any treatment
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Kristopher is offline Junior Member
    Some keratosis pilaris home remedy are...

*Add a couple of Tablespoons of Vitamin E Oil to a warm bath then soak in the bath for between 20 and 30 minutes. Vitamin E Oil has been shown to help improve Keratosis Pilaris.

*Mix equal parts Sugar and Olive Oil and stir together, then use as a body scrub for the areas affected with Keratosis Pilaris. This body scrub should be made fresh, and used once a week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast