Thread: Little to no access to organic anything page

firesign90 is offline Junior Member

Little to no access to organic anything

Shop Now
    Hi all, I am hoping someone can give me some advice as I am just frustrated. Where I live, Thailand, I cannot find ANY organic meat. It seems to be unheard of. Eggs yes, but beef, chicken, no way. What do you think an alternative could be to get my fat and protein. I use coconut oil and eat some nuts and really hesitate to eat the meat here, it is guaranteed full of garbages and the fish as well.; My access to fish is at a Tesco Lotus (Wal-Mart) is only farm raised fish and dirty Mekong River fish. Any ideas?? Really don't wanna be a vegetarian. Thanks in advance.

monkspeed is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firesign90 View Post
    Hi all, I am hoping someone can give me some advice as I am just frustrated. Where I live, Thailand, I cannot find ANY organic meat. It seems to be unheard of. Eggs yes, but beef, chicken, no way. What do you think an alternative could be to get my fat and protein. I use coconut oil and eat some nuts and really hesitate to eat the meat here, it is guaranteed full of garbages and the fish as well.; My access to fish is at a Tesco Lotus (Wal-Mart) is only farm raised fish and dirty Mekong River fish. Any ideas?? Really don't wanna be a vegetarian. Thanks in advance.
    Don't worry so much, get the normal meats but trim the fat/skin off, that's where the toxins/hormones build up if they use them in Thailand. You will have to substitute the cut fat with other fats (coconut and butter). Regarding the fish, I'm not so sure on that one, maybe pass and supplement with omega 3 oil.

My PB & Workout Log

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This came up in a google search. I have no idea if it will help. Eating Paleo in Thailand: Where to Get 'Hard to Find' Items - Biohacked
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Hunt.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I always thought that in Thailand you have all these markets where they sell life-stock?
    At least that's what they show us on tv.

Perhaps you should take up Knifegill's suggestion.
    Not too literally though. Plan a weekend's hunting trip and go out to other parts of the country to see if you can find local produce there. I'm not sure if you have many farmers but maybe you can plan trips to them to trade for meat.

Also maybe you can order meat from other countries online or at a supermarket. You might pay more but if you have a large freezer than you can order a lot at once.

Awesome advice and am doing that from now on. I am on the coconut oil, addict really, but butter is scary because of the organic issue. I wonder if I could go old school and make my own?Been taking Omega 3s for a few years. What's your take on Omega6 supplementation? I have been taking Evening Primrose oil capsules for years as well, regulates hormones and great for skin, hair and nails. Thank you for the advice!

This is a major help. i am 2hrs from Bangkok but can at least go and stock up on some essentials. Thank you sooooooo much. Planning a trip on Monday.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Uh, really? Most of Thailand is agricultural, and there are tons of small farmers' markets. They may not be labeled with an organic sticker, but I bet you the majority of the meats you find at street markets are grown organically or at least a lot more "cleanly" than the factory farmed stuff in the west.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Shop in the abundant local markets. Try and talk to locals because they should know what is good quality reared food. For instance in Singapore you can buy free range chicken from Malaysia at markets, but rarely elsewhere. Some fish is farmed and horrible quality, some are only fished.

Organic meat is overrated anyway.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firesign90 View Post
    This is a major help. i am 2hrs from Bangkok but can at least go and stock up on some essentials. Thank you sooooooo much. Planning a trip on Monday.
    I am pretty sure you can find all you need in Bangkok...