Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronically itchy... what can I do? page

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member

Chronically itchy... what can I do?

Primal Fuel
    For the last few weeks, I've been itchy 24/7. It feels either like bugs are crawling or like I'm being zapped with electricity. It is all over my body, including my head, ears, face, breasts, groin, legs, arms, neck etc.

It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, it's always there. I learned to just deal with it, but I think I've reached my breaking point, b/c now it is getting worse and it's driving me insane.

I have not been eating very primally, and I'm sure I'm addicted to sugar. I eat it without even thinking, and it's the first thing I grab when I want to eat. I tried primal eating, and I do ok for a few days, and then I cheat, and cheating leads to complete abandonment of that WOE. I tried cutting out sugar, and I think it does lessen the itchiness, but for some reason, I always go back to eating it.

So, do you think the itchies are sugar related? Yeast? Parasites?

I would go to the doctor, but I'm pretty sure they would prescribe a topical ointment or some other random oral prescription. It wouldn't help anyways.

I had this when I was pregnant, though it was way worse when pregnant, and they tested me for Obstetric Cholestasis, but it was negative.

Anyone have any idea what to do? Any ideas how to stay on the primal WOE and not veer off every other day?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I get that exact feeling if I eat MSG
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

wiltondeportes Guest
    Itch?

My intuition says that itchiness is an evolutive instinct to get stuff off and out of your epidermis. This could mean dirt, bacteria, tiny mites or other similar bugs.

Do you have bumps that look like mosquito or spider bites? I went through this one time, and I found out that there *was* some kind of bug living in my bed (despite efforts to clean it). It took a while, but as the internet doc diagnosed, my body adapted and no longer reacted to the bugs. Just one anecdote...

In the meantime, try a shower with good scrubbing followed by an application of a quality anti-bacterial salve anywhere you feel the itch. The salve is all natural, so you'll feel good about being very liberal with it, and they can be very effective. The shower will get the mites, and the salve will get the bacteria. That should cover it. Later on, you could try a good moisturizer in case that might help.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 10-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.

I have no rash whatsoever. And I've tried virtually every lotion, moisturizer, ointment etc. Nothing helps.
    It almost feels as if it's internal with no outward signs of something wrong.
    I asked my doc when I was pregnant and she thought I was insane. I had to beg for the test for Cholestasis, which was negative.

I don't think it's bed bugs or mites, as no one else in my family is affected.
    Last edited by blondiegreen; 10-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    what about MSG? I get creep-crawly and exactly the same symptoms if I eat it. It's in a lot of processed food and anything that they sell to Mexicans.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

It could be MSG, but I don't think I eat it daily.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Are you on any prescription meds that you could be having a nervous reaction to?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Have you eaten any insulation lately? It's not cotton candy like that guy said.

No prescription meds and no eating insulation.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    No prescription meds and no eating insulation.
    Have you considered some kind of nervous system problem? I think neuropathy only causes pain, but I could be wrong. Plus, that's primarily in feet and other far away extremities. Possibly something related?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast