Thread: Great skin but my blemishes/acne won't heal. page

Ghjjf is offline Member

Angry Great skin but my blemishes/acne won't heal.

Hey,

This has confused me for a while. I look at my skin and it's quite soft and clear. But all over my face I have blemishes from previous spots/acne. I can't figure out why my skin is good but my blemishes won't heal. I get a lot of Omega 3 from fish and seeds on a daily basis, so I find it hard to believe it's an inflamation thing, although I wouldn't rule it out.

It would be wonderful if someone could give me an idea of why this is happening and what I can do to improve it.

Thanks for your time,

Stuart.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Can you describe what you mean by "blemishes"? If your skin is otherwise clear and you are not getting new acne, those could be scars.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Ghjjf is offline Member
    Kind of faint bruises are left behind for months and months after a spot is gone. So it looks like it just hasn't healed competently.

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Pretty common. They are often referred to as scars, they can take a long time to heal, months to years in some cases. Keep well moisturised.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try one of the following solutions...
    -hydroxy acid peel
    -aspirin mask (basically another acid peel, just cheaper). I pair this with a sugar (more acid) and scrub away for 1-2 mins before letting it sit.
    -tumeric paste (Indian peeps use it to lighten their complexion)
    -mederma. It is for healing scars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel