Thread: My Journal in the Form of a Blog page

NewPrimalMan is offline Junior Member

My Journal in the Form of a Blog

Shop Now
    I have just started to pursue a lifestyle of being primal, and the way I am going to do my journal is by writing a blog that anyone and everyone can post comments, recipes, and anything else they would like to post to help and assist me and my family on my journey towards being healthier and happier by being primal.

My Blog website is:
    Primal Fitness Project - Become a Blogger

Please if you would like head over to my page and post some comments and suggestions for me, I have posted a poll on the current news page and have several 1st posts on my blog page.

My entire blog site references back to this website because I believe that Marks book The Primal Blueprint has enlightened me on a way of living that just makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to look at my website and I hope that everyone's endeavors are as enjoyable as mine.

Thanks Mark for publishing your book I believe that this is the way it should be.

NewPrimalMan is offline Junior Member

Day 1 of my Primal change

This is the start of my blog, I've posted pictures of the food I've prepared from the Primal Cookbook at the site below:
    Primal Fitness Project - Primal Blog
    Well to start off my journey into the Primal lifestyle I purchased a cookbook published by Primal Blueprint Publishing, The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. I will be using this cookbook to prepare new recipes in the craft of the 21st century Hunter Gatherer. I have also purchased and installed a few apps for my android phone, Fast Paleo (over 2000 recipes), and Primal Paleo. I will be purchasing my food from many sources, Walmart, Mama Jeans, Dillons, Spring Valley, and the Farmers Market, a few of these stores can only be found in my home town. If you would like to find a place to shop in your home town just look up on google Organic Grocers, or find out if you have a farmers market that host local A few of the hardest things that will be tough to give up will be cheese, milk, and sweets. I am writing this to hold me accountable for my actions. My wife is pregnant and she will be doing this diet as well but with some slight modifications, Organic Dairy products, and a slightly easier exercise routine. To keep track of my workout routine I am using the Google Play App Jefit Pro. I don't consider myself overweight, but I could be healthier with what I eat and do for my life choices. I will update this blog every chance I get.

My Workout routine for the week is as follows:

Monday - Sprint
    Tuesday - Lift Heavy Things
    Wednesday - Walking/Hiking/Play
    Thursday - HIIT (To Failure)
    Friday - Walking/Hiking/Play
    Saturday - Lift Heavy Things
    Sunday - Walking/Hiking/Play

Lift Heavy Things #1
    Barbell Squat, Barbell Bench Press, Barbell Bent Over Rows, Weighted Tricep Dips
    All 5 sets x 5 reps
    Lift Heavy Things #2
    Barbell Deadlift, Standing Barbell Should Press, Chin Up Weighted, Barbell Squat to Shoulder Press
    All 5 sets x 5 reps
    HIIT (To Failure)
    Pull Ups, Push Ups, Squat Jump, Plank

Walking/Hiking/Play is going to be done for 1h+ each time
    Sprinting is for a total of 10 minutes of actual sprints

Now for Day 1 Sprints this is what I did:
    Ok so what I did for my 10 minutes of sprinting was this:
    I did Intervals on the treadmill for 25 minutes:

2 min walk 2.7 mph incline 1
    2 min sprint 7 mph
    2 min walk 2.7 mph incline 1.5
    2 min sprint 7 mph incline 1
    2 min walk 2.7 mph incline 2
    2 min sprint 7 mph incline 1.5
    2 min walk 2.7 mph inline 2.5
    2 min sprint 7 mph incline 2
    2 min walk 2.7 mph inline 2
    2 min sprint 7 mph inline 1.5
    5 min cool down 2 mph incline 1

I have posted a poll on my Current News blog page: Straight Sprints vs Interval Sprints, please head to that page to post your suggestions.

Primal Fitness Project - Primal Blog