Thread: Water while Working Out? page

DennyB is online now Senior Member

Water while Working Out?

Primal Fuel
    Generally I dont like taking in water when I workout, especially during cardio since its just something else to carry (unless its extremely hot out or im pushing my distance limits). Plus this gives me motivation to get back to the finish line for that drink. Where do you all stand on this tho, is it better for your body to take in water as you workout or to gut it out and wait until your workout is over?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how I feel. Normally I prefer not to drink during the workout, but if i am parched, I would.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

diene is offline Senior Member
    When I go out for long runs or even races, I always bring a bottle of water with me. I hold it in my hand so it also gives me an arm workout. I hate the feeling of being thirsty.

Just a few weeks ago, we had to do this run at Crossfit. It was around 3.5 miles but uphill both ways. It was in the afternoon, and it was warm out. I didn't bring water with me since I was running at crossfit and didn't think of it. I was SO thirsty. It was torture. Totally not worth it. I mean, what's the point of torturing yourself with water deprivation?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I mean, what's the point of torturing yourself with water deprivation?
    I don't know, call me a masochist but I never feel more alive then when I'm dripping sweat, my heart is beating strong, my lungs are fully filling with air with each breath, muscles ache and I still got a set of pushups left and a hundred yard dash left before that drink of water!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

diene is offline Senior Member
    Well, have fun then!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, when I was a child, our coaches forbade us drinking water before and during running/training. It was supposed to screw the performance/upset digestion etc.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I am a huge water drinker, particularly during exercise. I usually take a sip between most of my sets on lifting days, between rounds during boxing days, and pretty much go nuts on my camelback while i'm biking. doesn't seem to interfere with the intensity of my exercise or what i'm trying to accomplish that day. you just have to find what works for you

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    In the gym I go to it's a requirement to have a bottle water with you... I don't use it much only when I play tennis. than I need the water.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    FWIW, when I was a child, our coaches forbade us drinking water before and during running/training. It was supposed to screw the performance/upset digestion etc.
    I was also brought up with this mentality, the only exception was a few times during football practice getting a squirt of water now and then (this only happened a few times during extremely hot days if i remember correctly) I know everyone says do what works, no water till after has always been just a habit. Just wondering if research has shown one way to be better than the other.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2