Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snatch check page

toscamulder is offline Senior Member

Snatch check

Shop Now
    Could someone give me some advice on the snatch? Just started a couple months ago but without weightlifting coach.
    Barbell Snatch with Unknown using Ubersense
    I'm afraid of learning wrong things in the movement, which I'll then keep until someone tells me and I have to start learning all over again.

Thanks!
    Tosca

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    For the sake of decorum I'm remaining silent.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    dammit! you beat me to it.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

toscamulder is offline Senior Member

RobbyJ is offline Member
    Hey Tosca! I recommend you work on your mobility. Your torso should be more upright, and your hips (butt) dips down a bit in your bottom position. You can notice this really well on the second rep, but it's present in both. You should be solid through the whole thing. Look around for hip stretches, banded stretches, and make sure you do a good dynamic warm up. Try spending 10 minutes working on it before you lift, and double that time in the evening after lifting.

You're starting from a low hang (just below the knees). Is it possible for you to get the weight a few inches lower? I know it's hard when dealing with the smaller plates, but when you move to higher weight and get rid of the blocks, you'll have to adjust quite a bit, so if you can get it there now it will be easier later on!

Good luck!

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    yep.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    You arm-pulled the crap out of the first rep. You seemed to straighten it out from there. Set up closer to the bar, so it's over your mid-foot. Your bar path is good, near vertical, at least on the subsequent reps. Looks like you have a lot more in the tank. Just keep doing these with more and more weight on the bar. Way better than mine. But these are power snatches. Just so you know.

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    There are a few things that you could fix, but the Olympic lifts and their derivatives take some time to learn. Getting a good book on weightlifting, watching lots of videos, and maybe finding a coach will all help. The most important thing though is to keep practicing and adding weight to the bar. You're on the right track. Good luck!
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Post the video in the coaches Q&A on startingstrength.com, where you'll get better feedback than you're likely to find here. But I would totally call every rep but the first legit. You muscled that one, as I mentioned. Put some damn weight on that bar, girl.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say. I'm not above saying it don't know what I'm talking about. That's why I want to get trained by one of the best in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast