Thread: Tea for concentration page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Tea for concentration

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I drink 4-5 20 oz cups or mugs of tea a day. At home, it's iced earl gray, at work I bounce around between several white, green, oolong, chamomile, and herb teas. My question is, which tea have y'all found to be the best in aiding concentration? I'm on one of the more boring parts of any design project and am looking for any help I can get in concentrating.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Green tea. Oolong is next, Oolong is good for digestion as well, but Green has the most caffine/theanine which is what you want here. (At least out of tea.)

Thanks. I have a decent green (slightly floral, nutty flavor) that I'll use.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Green tea with fresh ginger slices. Seems to be a vibrant scent/taste. The other scent that is energizing is lemongrass.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I personally enjoy one mug of green tea every morning. I have no idea if it helps me concentrate better, but I believe green tea is superior to all other teas from everything I have read over the past few months. I would think concentration is one of these things.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Ketosis tea.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I'm a bit of a tea snob. I can drink the Lipton stuff, but only if I have lemon. I prefer the whole leaf stuff, the only exception being matcha (which I haven't actually bought yet because I'm researching brands.) I prefer my tea either fairly light and soothing, or kick in the ass, holy shit I'm awake bold strong teas. I really have trouble with the in between stuff.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    I just started exploring yerba mate. I like it, but its different. OKAY I NOW its not tea for real, but I wanted something more than tea and less than coffee.

But for tea, I love me some earl grey with roses.

I also like lapsang souchong with cream. Onetime I was experimenting and added lemongrass. That was good.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I remember reading that mint is good for alertness/concentration (I think it's mostly the smell). I have a green tea with peppermint that I like (it's at home, I forget the brand)... I really only drink it if my stomach is upset though, so I never bothered to notice whether it makes me more alert.