Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HCLF vs HFLC-help! page

sabrina90 is offline Senior Member

HCLF vs HFLC-help!

Primal Fuel
    I'm looking for some advice. I've seen a huge shift in opinions on this site over the past few months or so. Instead of trumpeting VLC and HF everything, high carb is now coming more into the picture. I have been wondering a lot about this because I haven't been seeing results with HFLC. So I'm considering a transition, but I still have some questions. Any advice would be much appreciated.

1) Isn't fat the preferred fuel that our body wants to burn? Wouldn't I just start having blood sugar crashes again if I ate more carbs and less fat?

2) Large amounts of carbs were not naturally found in the wild except for maybe tropical areas and summer, and many cultures thrive on virtually no carbs for their entire lives. So shouldn't we follow the most natural approach?

3) I have heard that it may depend partly on genetics. Does this relate at all to our ancestry&what they would have eaten?

Sorry, one more thing: If I did transistion into a higher carb diet, what are people's opinions on programs such as IIFYM?

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    My only comment on this is that I'm here to follow Mark's programme. If I wanted to follow a different programme, I'd go to a different forum. I haven't seen any evidence that he has changed his approach from the PB.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Sabrina, you should wander over to the Peat thread. There you will find a ton of info and people into higher carb. I don't normally suggest this, but it sounds like you have given lower carb a go and it didn't work.

ETA: The thread is called: Primal With Moar Peat

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    I quit paying attention to macro ratios a long time ago. For most people.. most of the time it really doesn't matter. There are 3 macros.. your body has evolved to deal with all of them. Focusing on whole foods with natural micro nutrients is really what causes most people to have success. If they follow this simple guideline while on HCLF or HFLC they think its the macros.. when they more likely are just getting proper nutrition and eliminating any possible allergens and other obvious issues from frankenfoods.
    Last edited by statikcat; 10-01-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Thank you for the heads up, oceangrl. It sounds like I'll find some of the answers to my questions over there.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I have adopted some of the practices, but they are the pros. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Why not just eat whole foods regardless of macronutrient content based on preference?

If you want potatoes, eat potatoes, if you want bacon, eat bacon. One day can be different from the next.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I did not have blood sugar crashes when I went from HFLC to HCLF.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't ignore protein. IMHO getting the right amount is more important than the rest. Too little protein is a big reason many struggle on HFLC

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast