I have been tested twice for food allergies. The first time was about 10 years ago and the last time was about 5 years ago. Both times I tested extremely allergic to eggs and cow's milk. The doctors who tested me who I no longer see told me to stop eating those foods which I have done many times. I do notice a slight reaction of being congested when I eat things made of cow's milk but it is very easy for me to avoid it because I can have goat cheese, and for milk I have coconut milk and make ice cream out of coconut milk or coconut cream.

I do not and have never felt any bad reaction when I eat eggs. I have stopped eating them many, many, many times over the past 10 years for months at a time, but when I do, I do not notice any difference. I don't have many health problems, but do have a strange skin rash that comes and goes, low energy sometimes, and insomnia. However, eating or not eating eggs does not seem to have any affect on these problems. Right now, I am only eating eggs about twice a week instead of every day. I really don't want to give them up and would like to eat them more frequently because there really isn't anything to substitute them with, I like them, and they are extremely inexpensive and I am trying to save money.

I saw a Paleo nutritionist for a while who said that food allergies are caused by leaky gut syndrome and all you have to do is stop eating grains and the gut will eventually heal and the food allergies will go away, which made sense to me.

I am just really concerned because of the recent post on here about rheumatoid arthritis and someone said that egg allergies and other food allergies can cause this and other autoimmune diseases. I just don't want to totally screw myself up by continuing to eat a food that could be harmful to me. Just because I feel okay when I eat it, maybe I am not.

I have heard that there are health practitioners who do techniques which I believe are similar to acupuncture who can remove these allergies. EFT, which I have a lot of knowledge of, is supposed to work as well. The problem is that because I don't have any symptoms, how will I know if the treatment has worked?

So I could:

1) Just eat them and not worry about it.
2) Give them up for the rest of my life.
3) Pay someone to remove the allergy or use EFT myself and hope it works.
4) Go on the GAPS diet and hope it works, but again, I don't have symptoms so I don't know how I would know if it has worked, and that diet seems so strict and really hard.

What do you all think I should do?