Thread: Increase in Activity for Greater Results page

maurapprimal is offline Member

Increase in Activity for Greater Results

Shop Now
    Hi guys, another question for you more experienced Groks:

I have finally set a hard goal for myself, 20lbs in 5 months, and now that my eating is dialed back into appropriate Primal form, I need to set my exercise correctly. I know there are a hundred and one requests for "check my [insert life habit here]" every day, but you all are really the best feedback for everything Primal. My current exercise plan (directed, as Mark prefers, by daily energy changes) per week is:
    2 hours of walking.
    1 abbreviated bodyweight session at home.
    1 full weight session at the gym (Going to re-incorporate of few things I learned from my body building stint).
    1 7-15 minute sprint session.

Now I'm still working on a "play" day. I have one pretty bad knee (that is improving as I lose weight), so regular sports, etc aren't in the cards yet. I might end up sucking it up, buying a swimsuit and hitting the gym pool (swimming is fun to me).

But considering my short term goals for the end of 5 months, should I increase my exercise volume? I will say that whatever I manage to lose in that time is fine, I just want to feel better, be a little bit lighter, and really strengthen my knees for my upcoming plans.

**I eat between 1000-1500 calories a day, depending on how hungry I am, if that's helpful. 5' 1".

Thank you for any advice/thoughts/ideas/criticisms in advance!
    Back from the dead!
    New Starting Weight: 200
    Current Weight: 197
    Goal Weight: 130.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

sjoshua is offline Senior Member
    Your workout choices look good. Keep them low (intensity) and slow or high and fast. Your sprints will take care of your high and fast. Adding more low and slow wouldn't hurt (i.e. more walking, casual biking, hiking, etc).

Your daily calories seem a little low, make sure you are feeding your workouts on your intense days (sprints, strength training). If you've already dialed this in and are content with your progress thusfar, then you may already be fine though. This can vary individually.

Good luck in your goal

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    I agree with ejoshua, you cal intake looks a bit low. If your body thinks your starving it, it will hold onto fat.

maurapprimal is offline Member
    Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated Will increase my slow and steady movement, I think, on good days.

And I know my calories are low, but I just don't get hungry as much anymore. Went from starving at 1800 calories CW to eating 1050 calories today total and not being hungry . Might be eating too much fat... oh well, will figure it out.
    Back from the dead!
    New Starting Weight: 200
    Current Weight: 197
    Goal Weight: 130.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill