Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal weight vs. current weight caloric intake question page

MsSmith is offline Senior Member

Goal weight vs. current weight caloric intake question

Primal Fuel
    If there is appx 40 pounds or less to be lost, is there anything wrong with consuming the number of calories recommended for your goal weight rather than your current weight? Thanks.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    If there is appx 40 pounds or less to be lost, is there anything wrong with consuming the number of calories recommended for your goal weight rather than your current weight? Thanks.
    Recommended by whom? Primal Blueprint doesn't include calorie recommendations.

I checked several sites and they were all pretty much the same for my current weight and goal weight, and took into account my height and frame size.
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

I checked several sites and they were all pretty much the same for my current weight and goal weight, and took into account my height and frame size.
    If they're asking your goal weight, they're probably already calculating your caloric needs at the lighter weight. Why are you counting calories? I'm not saying you don't need to, but it might make sense to try the PB as written first, eating when you're actually hungry and all that, and only knock yourself out counting and measuring if that fails to work for you.

Thanks. Can you answer my question?
    48 - 5'7.5"

Thanks. Can you answer my question?
    I think I did.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    If they're asking your goal weight, they're probably already calculating your caloric needs at the lighter weight.
    Or am I not understanding what you want to know?

If there is appx 40 pounds or less to be lost, is there anything wrong with consuming the number of calories recommended for your goal weight rather than consuming the calories recommended for your current weight?

That is my question.

There is a vast difference in the number of calories recommended for my current weight and level of physical activity and the calories recommended for my goal weight with the same level of physical activity.

I apologize. I thought this was a question that could be answered with a simple yes or no.
    48 - 5'7.5"

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    The bat making a circle above his head with his freakishly weird looking arms did answer you. If it is a calculator asking what your current weight, activity level and goal weight and then gave you a calorie recommendation, then that is the number they suggest to get to your goal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    The bat making a circle above his head with his freakishly weird looking arms did answer you. If it is a calculator asking what your current weight, activity level and goal weight and then gave you a calorie recommendation, then that is the number they suggest to get to your goal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    It's a damn beard!

OP - Can you give us an example of one of the websites? I'm not sure I understand what you're looking at and whether they're "recommended" calorie intakes or "maintenance" calorie levels.

I did not find a calculator that asked me how much I wanted to lose. I just checked the caloric recommendations for maintaining both weights - current and goal.
    48 - 5'7.5"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast