Thread: Real Life Sprint from Predators page

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member

Real Life Sprint from Predators

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to get a glimpse of what grok might have felt sprinting from dangerous predators. If you define a predator as something that can do you serious harm and you're having to use your wits and physical ability to get away from them, then that's pretty much what I experienced.

My car broke down on a narrow country road with only an occasional shoulder and it was dusk. Hubby and dog were with me and I'd forgotten to bring my cell phone. We were only about 1 mile from home but 1/4 of the mile was on this winding road with almost no shoulder with a speed limit of 45. We had to sprint through stretches where there was no option other than the road. When you're that close to cars and they're moving at that speed it's easy to see them as a threat, you're not going to be able to fight that kind of predator, you're only hope is to evade them.

I suppose we could have just sat in the car and waited for the Sheriff to drive by but that seemed silly given that we were only about 1 mile from home. Other possibility was to trespass and walk through the woods because as a crow flies our home is just over a hill or 2 but around here, especially this time of year it's not advisable to trespass.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Zach is offline Banned
    If it was only a mile you should have pushed the car home.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    If it was only a mile you should have pushed the car home.
    Elite FTS

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Oh RichMahogany you never disappoint.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Oh RichMahogany you never disappoint.
    Unlike Pink, I am here for your entertainment.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Ya done good, UF. And I'm very glad you made it home safely. Some of those narrow snakey back roads can be a bitch at night.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

nov26_2 is offline Member
    I was trail running a few years ago and ended up face to face with a black bear. After we finished with the staring contest the bear walked back into the thicker brush. Not knowing where he was going I had to choose between going foward about 1 mile to a road or circling back. I took the mile because I figure the road sounded good but I would have to say it was one of the fastest miles I've ever put down. Sad to think that even at my 6 minute or so pace the bear could have easily caught me.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Joanie.

Nov26, I can assure you, you would be safe from a bear if was behind you!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.