Thread: Brands or an alternative for coconut milk? page

Kj94 is offline Junior Member

Brands or an alternative for coconut milk?

Primal Fuel
    I had recently purchased a paleo cookbook in hopes it will make my transition easier and the first recipe I had required coconut milk. I used the Thai Kitchen Coconut milk and well I realized I did not like it at ALL. I put some in my coffee and it made me sick to my stomach and then I made the recipe and I could taste it no matter how much I tried to mask it. Is there other brands I could try or alternatives or something?

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    You should try SO DELICIOUS Dairy Free drinks! They have coconut and almond milks that are sugar-free/unsweetened, which are great! I know even the most DIE HARD dairy fans, would much rather use this stuff! Definitely try it out If you live near a Costco, they sell them in BULK too.

The craziest thing (that's actually kind of cool too) is that they also sell coconut milk ice cream that are no sugar-added either, sweetened with stevia. This has me very impressed actually. I have never tried it, but if I gave into ice cream, I would totally eat this!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGiEats View Post
    You should try SO DELICIOUS Dairy Free drinks! They have coconut and almond milks that are sugar-free/unsweetened, which are great! I know even the most DIE HARD dairy fans, would much rather use this stuff! Definitely try it out If you live near a Costco, they sell them in BULK too.

The craziest thing (that's actually kind of cool too) is that they also sell coconut milk ice cream that are no sugar-added either, sweetened with stevia. This has me very impressed actually. I have never tried it, but if I gave into ice cream, I would totally eat this!
    Huh?? Pretty sure they contain carageenan and/or sulphites. Yuck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    If you can find it, Hawaiian Sun coconut milk is absolutely amazing. But it's very hard to find (its frozen little white bags). The next best is the Arroy brand Coconut cream that comes in boxes on Amazon. Annoying size though - has to be aliquoted and frozen.

I hate canned coconut milk too. No idea why.
    Last edited by jammies; 10-04-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Not sure you will find one you like then really. I have probably half a can a day minimum. I actually really like Thai Kitchen premium.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

piggy is online now Senior Member
    I buy Biona, organic but kind of watery for my taste, or Oriental Express, much better consistency but has some thickeners . .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    I HATE the Thai kitchen coconut milk as well. I have tried it in small amounts & in recipes and have had to throw out everything because I couldn't stand the taste. The taste sticks to the back of my throat and nose and makes me gag. I have also tried Coconut Water, and coconut extract, same problem. I do however LOVE SoDelicous brand ice cream and while it's not primal approved, because it does contain artificial sweeteners it's not a bad treat, moderation! To get coconut MCFA into my diet I use the oil, and flakes just fine. As for a substitute idk, I would try subbing with almond milk or even organic full fat cows/goats milk (moderation). But I think it would really depend on the recipe as well.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Aroy-D has no additives and is somehow extremely affordable at Asian and ethnic markets. If you're okay with Tetra-Paks.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    walmart sells a brand of coconut milk by golden star. nothing in it but coconut and water.

pretty cheap too.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    walmart sells a brand of coconut milk by golden star. nothing in it but coconut and water.

pretty cheap too.
    My favorite one. They stopped carrying it for a while but people put up a stink so it's back. I think it's $2.25 a can.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2