Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prominent veins page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Are you weight training? My veins bulge out after a heavy lifting session. I actually always try to lift before blood tests or blood donations to make the veins stand out. Water is a huge factor too. If you pee every hour on the hour, you are likely drinking too much.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I dated a phlebotomy tech once, and it was creepy how much she loved them and always asked if she could draw my blood.
    And not a boner was sustained that day...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What do yo umean by "whoosh"? Pee? Are you getting enough sodium?
    Yes, "whoosh" means very frequent peeing. I've heard the word used frequently of this board and thought it was a good choice for when your body has been retaining water for awhile and finally lets it go. I'm trying to salt my food heavier but I thought the Potassium would take care of any lack.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 10-01-2013 at 08:23 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Yes, "whoosh" means very frequent peeing. I've heard the word used frequently of this board and thought it was a good choice for when your body has been retaining water for awhile and finally lets it go. I'm trying to salt my food heavier but I thought the Potassium would take care of any lack.
    Potassium is not sodium. You need both. TBH, I would advise you to stop supplementing both the potassium & magnesium, and make sure you are using salt on your foods. Unless you have other concerns that those supplements are treating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Potassium is not sodium. You need both. TBH, I would advise you to stop supplementing both the potassium & magnesium, and make sure you are using salt on your foods. Unless you have other concerns that those supplements are treating.
    I do have other concerns. Before I even knew that most of us lacked sufficient magnesium, I had been taking it to stop nocturnal leg cramps. I read that magnesium needs potassium to work. I've always used salt but I've increased it to see if it would help the cramping at night.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I do have other concerns. Before I even knew that most of us lacked sufficient magnesium, I had been taking it to stop nocturnal leg cramps. I read that magnesium needs potassium to work. I've always used salt but I've increased it to see if it would help the cramping at night.
    I don't think you need potassium with magnesium, but you can always experiment. Additionally, I'd make sure you are using regular salt and not lite-salt or faux-salt, as those are potassium chloride and not sodium chloride.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I don't think you need potassium with magnesium, but you can always experiment. Additionally, I'd make sure you are using regular salt and not lite-salt or faux-salt, as those are potassium chloride and not sodium chloride.
    I have to say that I've noticed no difference in the frequency of the leg cramps since I started adding potassium. The only difference I have noticed is that they seem better since I started drinking more water. As for the prominent veins, I've had them since I reached my weight goal.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Take up bodybuilding. They love visible veins.

Jimm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I dated a phlebotomy tech once, and it was creepy how much she loved them and always asked if she could draw my blood.
    That's Hot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12