Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 9

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    So we went out for Korean Barbeque last night, if you stay away from the marinated meat, it is a primal heaven! Let this be said you can taste when sugar is in something, we all try and deny it, but we taste it and tell our selves that its ok. Well when I was tasting the veggie side dishes if I tasted sugar it was pushed away, amazingly most of it didn't. Checked my Keto levels this morning, oh yeah still good. I had asked the Universe for a good primal place to eat, it delivered!

Thursday July 21 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Had a huge chuck steak for breakfast, and ground turkey with homade organic marina with radishes and broccoli for pasta, it was so filling I gave about a 1/4 of it to my office partner, then Korean style eating for dinner, yummy.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Yes

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Biked to and from work

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope took a day of rest

5. Sprint Once in a While- Yep went from 5 uphill sprints to 6 and my inner thighs HURT!

6. Get Adequate Sleep- yes

7. Play- We watched Horrible bosses, definitely a guy movie

8. Get Adequate Sunlight- 10000 IU of VD

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- yes

10. Use Your Brain- Not really, pretty relaxed day yesterday
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-22-2011 at 08:34 AM.

What a weekend, what a weekend. Lots of fun. Friday my man took me to CATS the musical, and it was fun. Saturday I spent the day with my niece at the park, and then went to a Brewfest. Sunday, spent the day at the Lake, and got some much needed VD. Food was 70/30 for the weekend, drinking beer kills my self contorl, oh well. Already back in Ketosis this morning. Here are my stats for Monday.

Monday July 25, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- I fasted till about 2 pm, then had some mozzerella and pancetta with a bit of tomato paste, dinner was chicken, cauliflower and brocolettes, yummy.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked around a bit and did some chores

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yes packed mylar drawings for about 15 minutes, they're heavy

5. Sprint Once in a While- Nope

7. Play- Yes in the naughty wonderful way humans beings do

10. Use Your Brain- Yes but not on anything too complicated.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 08-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Yesterday was sort of a blah day, here goes.

Tuesday July 26, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- I ate some leftover chicken, cauliflower and brocolettes for lunch, then had two hamburger patties and fried turnips for dinner

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Jogged home yesterday 3.5 miles took about 50 minutes, but that had some walking in it.

4. Lift Heavy Things- No I should have, trying ot find the motivation.

7. Play- not really like I said kind of a blah day, the running wiped me out

10. Use Your Brain- Yes but not on anything too complicated.

Well yesterday was an odd day. I ate well, but VLC, and had no energy, had a headache like crazy after lunch. I don't get headaches AT ALL! I did a small carb refeed, still keto this morning, but trace only and feel loads better. I don't think VLC works for me, I need my veggies!

Tuesday July 26, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Had a egg and sausage quiche for breakfast, not my best need to work on the sausage to egg ration, 2 hamburger patties for lunch, with no ketchup or mayo, a first for me and I was digging it. Organic meet makes all the difference in taste. Dinner, big ass salad with yes a brownie, heavy whipping cream and vanilla pudding, I know I know bad amazion bad. Weird I was still in keto this morning.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- See above, but I sprinted like crazy this morning and still feel great

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- No felt like poop all day, didn't do much at all

4. Lift Heavy Things- No, but I did research powerlifting and will be going to the gym Friday to set my base numbers, I want to get strong!

7. Play- He tried but I could not wake up to play

10. Use Your Brain- Yes finished a paper I've been working on.

P.S I love how my muffin top is going away, haven't stepped on a scale but I see the changes in my body again wonderful. Also very excited about powerlifting. Have you ever read something (maybe the Primal Blueprint) and been inspired? You just know this is what you've been looking for, I think power lifting might be it for me. I lifted in college and loved it, can't wait to do it Friday!

Inspiration is all around us. It is in the air we breathe, the ground below, in the people we choose to surround ourselves with. When you read success stories on this forum, most feel inspired. Inspiration only gets you so far. In my experience over the past seven years of weight loss (and I call it weight loss, because I realize now that's what it was all about, never about being healthy and strong, only loosing weight, very pathetic on my part) inspiring stories pushed my through some tough times, but I never reached my goal. To be honest I never knew what my goal was, I just wanted to wear a bikini. I didn't care if I could climb a tree, walk around a farmers market for an hour, or just simple be strong. I was inspired by the thought of wearing a bikini again, but the bikini never motivated me. Motivation is the key to succeeding, self motivation and supporting motivation. I have been asking the universe, god, whatever you wish to call it, for motivation the past few weeks. I have been reassessing what I truly want out of all this. Am I really stressing out over what I eat because I want to look good? Having a conversation with yourself about what you truly want is a hard thing to do. I've been looking on the internet, talking to friends, talking to strangers, nothing was clicking. Then I read a post yesterday, 5 minute exercise that changed my life (search for it if you want, it's not spam). The post had you think about what people would say at your eulogy now, and then what would you want them to say, what kind of person do you want to be. It was humbling. My sister died of cancer in 2007 at the early age of 31, leaving behind a daughter and husband. And all I could think about was her funeral, the things left behind, things she never did. My sister was a brave woman, beautiful, kind and loving, but she lived a life of fear. She was scared of big things, traveling, opening herself up to people outside the family, living life to its fullest. I wasn't, not until she died did this fear creep into me, settle down and take hold. Her death made me afraid of loss, of failure, and I have been stuck in it ever since. After reading the 5 minute exercise article i was in a blur of thoughts and stumbled across Paleobirds journal. She not only inspired me, but motivated me. Paleobird, you are beautiful, and I hope you climb is as wonderful as ever. When I die, I want people to say "She lived! She loved with her whole heart, no physical or mental obstical could keep her from what she wanted. She was there for family, friends and even strangers. She caused smiles and laughter whereever she went, she touched lives in a small way, a way that changed her and them for the better." It's time to start being this person, the person I was meant to be.

Another Fabulous weekend gone by, too short, but oh so much fun! Friday was a relaxing day, I powerlifted, walked home and had some me time. I spent Saturday getting ready for my neices birthday and then went to her party. Sunday I spend the day with my man looking at houses and "bumming" around town.

Friday July 29, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- For the life of me. I cannot remember what I ate on Friday.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- IYes I did

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Yes I walked the 3.5 miles home.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yes I did my first power lifting session 5x5 Deadlifts:95lbs, Squats:50lbs, Overhead press:50lbs, Bench press:95lbs

7. Play- Yes spent time with the sissy loving on her because she has been gone on vacation

10. Use Your Brain- Set some goals and postitive thinking to achieve them.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 08-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Mondays can go either way, they can be a great start to a great week, or you can open your eyes, think GOD WHY ME! and weep into your pillow all the while you are cursing the man who invented money. I had the first. I woke up a bit tired, but I stood all day at my desk, went powerlifting then walked home. I inadvertantly fasted for 24 hours. I forgot my food at home and I wasn't buying anything. I am challenging my self to eat as organic as possible for the next 30 days, which I thought would hinder my protein intake, till I discoverend fish is LOADED in portein, and I love fish, problem solved!

Monday August 1, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- I did a 24 hour fast 6 to 6, I ended my fast with a piece of trout cooked in olive oil, brocolettes cooked in butter and 3 grass fed organic hamburger patties, YUMMY!

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Unfortunately right after my power lifting I had 12oz of muscle milk, I was starving.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Yes I walked the 3.5 miles home.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yes I did power lifting session 5x5 Deadlifts:95lbs, Squats:50lbs, Overhead press:50lbs, Bench press:85lbs ( I forgot to put the last 10 on, it explains why in my notes I wrote EASY!)

7. Play- Watched some stargate while cooking, but was pretty much toast after the work out and walk home.

10. Use Your Brain- I can honestly say no, not at all, not even at work, I was not an accomplished individual yesterday.

It was a relaxing day yesterday, work, walk home, dinner with my man and then relaxing. Today on the other hand is a little stressful, there is something wrong with my dads heart. He is going in for a procedure today so they can take pictures of his heart to see what they need to do surgery wise. My father is not in great health and almost passed awayfrom a clot in his leg 4 years ago(his health has since declined further due to SAD and massive medications the doctor put him on that DON"T work). I am scared, so today that is all I can think about. I am still a little girl who doesn't want to lose her daddy.

Tuesday August 2, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Smoked salmon for breakfest, brocolettes and 2 hambugers patties for lunch, chicken stir fry for dinner that my man made, very good!

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- I had a diet coke, what can I say

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Yes I walked the 47 minutes from my office to the grocery store where I met my man and we picked up fresh veggies for our stir fry.

4. Lift Heavy Things- No rest day

7. Play- Played in the garden and watched a comedy while waiting for dinner, but passed out quickly after that, have been sleeping great!

10. Use Your Brain- Yep doing work stuff
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 08-03-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Update: My dad needs an quadruple bypass, he will be having one tomorrow, reality is sinking in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The surgery went as well as can be expected, I stayed completely primal till about Saturday and I broke, back on the wagon.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast