Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 5

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had a wonderful family dinner last night. My uncle came into town (we are all originally from the south) who we haven't seen in about a year since my sisters wedding. We're planning on taking him up to Lake Cushman on Friday for swimming and a little hiking. Dinner was grilled chicken thighs with green beans, asparagas, tomatos and some wierd rice my mom made. I indulged a little in the rice. I had been fasting for about 20 hours and had to limit my meat intake because we had so many for dinner. It was good and not too many ill effects, but I did sleep a little longer than I usually do and did not have quite the energy I usually do, but a quick walk this morning cleared it right up. Tonight we're having another dinner, pork shoulder, hmmm! I'll bring my own vegetables so I will not be tempted with the starchy sides. It was a cozy night last night. We all sat out on the back porch, talking catching up, in essence being a family. I sometimes wonder if my family is different. We do spend a great deal of time together, but we don't pry into each others lives. We have learned our boundaries. We are one of those families who needs mental space, but not physical. I still talk to my mom while she is peeing. LOL, I know weird but its who we are. Today is my short time lifting day. It only takes me about 10 minutes to do the routine. The pull ups are the hardest for me, but I will be able to do un assisted ones by the end of the year, that I am certain of. Its weird, I have stopped obsessing over the scale, I only jump on it now once or twice every two weeks. Its not moving, but I know things are going on because I need to buy smaller jeans already. I figure its the muscle I am gaining which is great for me, but I didn't know my hips would be afftected by it. Unfortunately the ladies are not shrinking like I hoped they would and I am starting to look a little too busty for my tastes. I have always been blessed in that area but I figured they'd continue shrinking along with everything else, nope they stopped. I think a minimizer may be in order.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-28-2010 at 07:58 AM.

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a wonderful time with the family. I miss having the big family get togethers every once in a while. Then I remember that my family drives me nuttier than I already am.

Good job on the workouts.

So I had a great three day weekend, even if food wise it was not very primal, but primal activities were ever abundant. Went swimming in Lake Cushman with my visting Uncle, then Pikes Place market, then dancing and then pure rest on Sunday. I cooked all afternoon Sunday ensuring that the naughty food spell I was under all weekend would not continue into the week. I fixed a primal meatloaf and broccoli casserole from my lunch this week , and am planning on olive oil chicken with cauliflower "rice O roni" tonight for dinner. Weights today during lunch and running while dinner is in the oven. I have a feeling fall may come early this year, its getting cooler already and this prospect is very exciting to me. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love fixing wonderful meals for my friends when its chilly, going for walks when the leaves are changing, picking pumpkins in the patch and then carving them with my neices and nephew (who at 16 still loves going to the patch every year). It also gives me an excuse to eat pumpkin, one of my favorite things. Well let my Monday begin.

Is it Thursday already? Where does the time go? Man had a great week, good food, good fun, with some crazy personal events. My sisters (older sister) birthday is this weekend, so I will be fixing her a zuccini lasagne (spelled wrong I know) for her dinner and then take her out dancing. Although I love dancing I find that its getting to be a little routine and Pookey is coming over to the primal way and feels the same. I think she would rather go to a lake go swimming and hiking but because of her surgical wounds she can't for another six weeks. So I looked on the city calendar to see if there were any outdoor events happening that night, concert in the park, festival of some sort, nope nothing, but I will prevail, I will find something.

XYZ
    Come up with your own outdoor event. A walk through a park or something. AND dancing. The best of both worlds.

Has it really been two weeks since I wrote? Wow time flies! I haven't been very primal lately, a lot of personal stuff going on and just a little stress(note sarcasm). I can feel it like a small sickness in the body, draining that precious energy away. It's funny how mental problems just manifest into physical ones, trying to get back on track. I am IFing today for 24 hours, trying to get my brain back in focus and off worries I cannot control. IFing has a way of doing that, bringing everything back into focus, probably why I like it so much. So people use this wonderful tool as a punishment for over doing it, I know I am one of them sometimes, but right now it helps me focus my energy where it needs to be, on me and my body. I can get distracted by sweating the small stuff all I want. I can sit at my desk thinking about it, but it doesn't make it go away or fix it, just stresses me, and I don't want nor need it. Went to the lake this weekend, had a great time, a little sunburn popped up, it hurts to wear a bra but I'll manage. Just breathe

Say a coworker gives you a two foot long zucchini, 3 inch diameter round, and very tasty looking. Now as a primal person, I know that this has been manipulated with hormones to make it grow this much, but I can't throw it away. I look at it and think lasagna, chips, sautéed with butter, sliced with spaghetti sauce and most of all grilled with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan. Nope I can do it; I'm eating the dang thing! It’s happening, I must embrace it. So I have told my buddy Eric about the primal fitness and he wants to do the test after running today. I am curious to see where I come up on Marks scale. I don't even have to do the pull up test; I know where I am at, but the others will be fun, and doing it with Eric will make it a bit of a competition, did I mention I was a wee bit aggressive and competitive? No? Well now you know.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    hahahaha what test?

XYZ
    Nothing wrong with a little aggression and competition. It builds character. At least that's what I tell folks when I win.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So yesterday begun the 30 day primal challenge, and I figured it would be a good day to re commit myself to primal. I am 80/20 when it comes to the food aspect, but (I won't even give a percentage on the exercise part) not so good with the workouts. I have maintained my weight for a few months now, and am ready to get rid of the rest. I love Marks philosphy about following your motivation. I was so happy to be at my lowest weight since I was 18 that I have just been basking in its glory, but alas my lazyness is starting to cause some muscle loss. I have enlisted Eric and Heather on this primal journey, and Heather has even started a blog here. We walked all over kingdom come and back yesterday avoiding taking cars anywhere. I lifed weights (5 essential movements kicked my ass) last night while she cooked us a primal dinner of some good stuff. This has just made me realize that I forgot to take my chicken out of the freezer so I have no idea what I am eating tonight. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Tonight sprints with Eric, which I have no inclination to due seeing as the rainy season is upon us in Washington, but its why I sprint with Eric, he doesn't take no for an answer when exercise is involved.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast