Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 4

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I will keep that in mind X! LOL. Well this weekend kicked booty and kicked my booty. Had a little too much beer on the fourth and am still feeling bloated! MY GOD! I just can't drink the stuff anymore, but liquor seems to just make me want to yak. What is happening to me! It was beautiful this weekend. Took the quads out and kicked up some mud. If you have never rode a quad you're missing out. They are wonderful. I feel so connected to everything when I'm on it. It requires you to release a little control (which means releasing some fear as well) and just believe that you're going to be ok. I could ride them all day everyday.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-15-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Well I have been on vacation all week. Lake hoping, four wheeling, hiking, being lazy, taking a naps, cooking out, just general merriment, now I'm back at work. So sad its over, I think I'm going to cry!

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Argh. A vacation sounds so nice right about now.

Well it's been an an interesting week. I am finally coming out of that strange deep emotional fog that everyone goes into after an intense break up. I woke up feeling grateful and just generally happy. It's been a long time since I haven't forced it. Primal has been doing fantastic! I inadverdantly did two 24 hour fasts back to back, I felt that energy difference from doing 16 hour daily fasts, which I have to say I prefer. I like going to work and not having to worry about packing a lunch, just a quick snack then big dinner. Well I went to see the doc to get some blood work done, great as usual by the way, but he put me back on birth control to regulate PMS. I do not agree with this! I never have sugar cravings, that has never been my problem, I can say no to donuts, cake, ice cream, candy no problem. Yesterday I was at the grocery store picking up some chicken, after winking at the cute paramedic checking out my ladies I strolled by the cake and pastry cases. I actually stopped and started looking at them wanting to taste every single one of them! I actually picked up a banana cream pie for 3 seconds and then realized what I was doing. Where did this come from? And then I remembered I am on birth control again!!!! Damit! This will not do, I have a hard enough time controlling my pizza cravings I will not add sugar to it, so back to the doc to find an alternative way to deal with my bitchiness once a month. On another note I am going to start running again. I like my hour walk a day but its not enough for me. I sit at a desk all day and have so much energy that I am having trouble falling asleep at night, except for my sprint days, so running is back in, just have to figure out a nice pace that won't set my heart a racing.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-15-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Aah I have been so lazy about my journal. Summer is here and when I get home I am to busy outside playing to get on a computer and work is just crazy right now. Well I started running last week and god I HAVE MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!! I only run about 30 minutes (home from work acutally) and I sleep so much better. On a cool note I finally broke down and ordered my Vibrams. They are magenta and orange! Oh yeah, I am so excited. I have a (strange) shoe fetish and these will be the topper of my collection. People are going to be looking at me like I am crazy but I don't care I love um! I started the Simplefit plan this week. It is so nice to only spend 20 minutes or less lifting and it kicks my butt so I am happy with it. I think I was lifting too much and just not enjoying it. Side note: Had a girls night out with all my lady friends (first one since the wedding got called off) and was just out to have a good time, dance, eat, be merry. Well at the end of the night my sister was razing me about not noticing any of the attractive men hanging around trying to get my attention. I am so out of practice, she was right I did not even notice, I was too busy laughing and smiling. Guess I need to turn that radar back on but actually don't know how. LOL oh well had a great time anyway!

What a wonderful discovery I made today. I have a gym on the base where I work, but you must be in proper clothing (no jeans) to work out in it, otherwise I would work out on my lunch hour to do my lifting. I don't like doing it in the morning and force myself to do it after work, but no more. In the building just across from mine is a great fitness (no dress code required) room with a pull up bar, free weights, treadmill, elliptical everything a girl needs to get buff. Oh yeah!!!!!! What did I do for lunch today? I did pull ups, push ups and squats, kicked A$$! I feel awesome.

Oh my Oh my. I have myself a pair of Vibrams!!!!!!!! Now these shoes are unusal in their own right. Folks look at your feet and you can see the mental head scratching. You give a few minutes of your time to explain what they are, the gears begin to turn in their mind or the crazy look appears on their face. LOL I have been getting the crazy look, probably because I ordered the magenta and orange ones but what can I say if I'm going to go funky DAMIT I'm going funky all the way! Well I had a beautiful walk into work this morning (with my new Vibrams). The sun was rising, music on the mp3 and just a sense of total well being. My neice is turning 5 tommorrow and there is always a big party where all of our family come together. Its one of those occasions you look foward too all year. I am so grateful right now. Life is good, no life is great. Enjoy your day and know that it will be filled with wonder.

Life was so good this weekend, I did not want it to end. MY MY MY! It's so hard to be sitting at my desk after all the fun we had this weekend. Well Maddie turned 5 and as always we had a huge party. There was grilling, slip N sliding, water guns, water balloon fights, sunshine and family. They had plenty of primal fair for me to munch on so the party eating was no prob. Crazy thing is I took a piece of cake saying "Why not?" LOL, I had one bite and threw the rest away. It was so SWEET!!!!!!!!! I couldn't fathom eating a whole piece of it. Weird how tasts change, so I had some fruit instead. Mango (at least that's what I think it was) Yummy! Side note: I am going to have to cut down on fruit consumption I feel my sugar cravings starting to rise. I actually woke up this mornig wanting something sweet, not good. The only motivation I have had lately is to weight lift. I dont' mind walking, but it has been so warm here lately running is not fun in the heat. But I'm am trying to push myself to do it. 30 minutes 4-5 days a week won't hurt anyone, especially me.

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great time!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. How could you not be happy on days like that. I had an interesting conversation (or should I say I listened to an interesting conversation) with my parents yesterday. They were talking about nutrition comparing my sisters eating way with theirs, complaining how she doesn't eat the way they want to, ya da, ya da, ya da. I had the same conversation with my sister while we were at Costco shopping. I have gotten to the point where I just sit and listen when these talks arise. I only step in when someone says something absolutely ridiculous, but try not to educate anymore. I feel a little guilty about this, but don't know how to approach the subjects. I keep getting asked what I'm doing, I tell them, and they scoff. I have been a low carber for 7 years, primal about 4 months and I feel great. Its not just about the food, its about the mentality. Less stress, more play, get out in the sun, take down time for yourself, ENJOY LIFE! I love not waking up to an alarm clock. Do I go to bed a little earlier than most? Yes, but not being woken up by a buzzer is worth it. I don't kill my brain with TV, I take a walk, read a book, practice my guitar. I've said it before, but it helps you find out who you are. When you stop drowning your life in modern socitey and technology, you start discovering what really makes you happy. Because this is a way of life for me and not a fad, I discover alot of these things alone, and that's ok with me. My friends ask me, how do you keep away the stress? How do you not go crazy with a hectic life? I make it that way, I don't sweat the small stuff, I enjoy it. I just never realized how mellow my life is, and I think I kinda like it.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-27-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast