Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 3

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Thanks living for the kudos and thanks X for the get well wishes. All better now. This week has been great with the eating considering I haven't had much of an appetite only lifted once this week and kept to walking with my lungs trying to heal. Also been kinda down. I was supposed to be married this weekend. He called it off out of the blue 3 months ago and I've been trying to heal my heart from it all. Going primal has helped. It puts you back to a place where you just want what you need at that moment. It allows you to see all the modern "luxuries" for what they really are, just fillers. It's gotten me back in touch with nature and the comforting silence that can surround you. In the moutains, at the beach, in my living room doing pushups and pullups till I collapse. I do this for myself, to make it through each day a better person than I was before. To understand who I really am underneath it all. LOL, can't believe I'm writing this for all you strangers to see, but gotta release it, otherwise it'll just sit and fester. Can't have that. What kind of Amazon goddess would I be if I did.

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're doing better.

Hope you're feeling better ref. the weekend. Just remember, all guys are stupid. Some more so than others.

Of course, the flip side to that is all women are evil. Just to varying degrees. LOL

At least you'll be stronger from the experience. Enjoy the weekend as best you can!!!

Well this weekend wasn't bad. I did indulge in the alcoholic beverages on Saturday at the rodeo, but how could I not, beautiful night, good friends and a beer garden. Sunday we were going to hike up the summit of Mt. Elinor. A 3 mile hike with a 6000 foot elevation climb, but alas when we woke up dark stormy clouds were on the horizon, and you do not want that when hiking Elinor. The fun thing about that mountain is that there is always snow at the top no matter what time of year, so you take snow pants up with you and slide down on your butt when you come back down. ITS A BLAST. Just gotta watch out for the yellow snow left behind from the wild billy goat herd living at the top. I don't know if you would consider them wild though because they have no problem coming up to you and trying to get into your pockets. We're going to try again next beautiful Sunday. Well tonight is lifting with a nice long walk. Side note: I made it through the weekend, I have great friends and family. I am blessed

XYZ
    Glad to hear you made it through. Friends are the best remedy. Good beer and good times help as well.

Thanks X You're too sweet. Well yesterday was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could one stay inside. Ended up skipping lifting and walking the 3 miles down to the beach at Illahee, relaxed a bit then walked back. I swear putting coconut oil on my skin has stopped it from going lobster on me. I am normally translucent, but at the moment have amazing color with no burns, interesting, wonder if there is anything behind my theory. Today I brought my gear with me and will hit the gym right after work (love working at a place with its own two story gym). I usually workout at home with my weights and bar but feel the need to be more social. Bought a kick ass new swim suit (two piece first one in 10 years woohoo!) so will do my lifting then hit the pool for some laps, a soak in the hot tub then walk the hour home. Its going to be a perfect day to go to the gym because it will be grey clouds and 60 all day. Last night for dinner I had some italian cheese encrusted chicken thighs with homemade tomato sauce and broccoli with garlic butter yummy! Today I'll IF till about 12 then load up on some vegetables, save my potein for later. Ground beef made into a mexican salad dish that will hit the spot oh yeah!

So over doing it is usually not a problem I have. Alas, I over did yesterday. I went to the gym, pumped up, ready to go and out for exhaustion. I decided that doing my pullups and pushups first was the best idea. I have been doing assisted pullups at home using a chair, so I was excited to use the machine and see how much I had to use and how many I could do. I did not realize how weak I am in the pull up department, and dear god it hurt! I was hot and sweaty by the time I was done and ready for the pool. I have not swam since January and forgot just how much your arms work when doing laps. OH MY GOD I couldn't even do 800 meters, my arms were done. I walked home, fixed the yum yums and passed out. There was no cleaning, no laundry, no chatting on the phone, just food, shower, sleep. All in all not a bad night. Sore this morning but can lift my coffee cup which lets just admit is a very important act for me in the morning, so I do believe I'll make it.

XYZ
    If you can't lift the coffee, use a straw. Or lay down and have someone pour it into your mouth. That's what I do.

LOL, and I thought I was a slave to the coffee, thats some desperate measures there my friend, but hey you do whatcha gotta do. So I was sitting here munching on my massive Mark salad when a reminder popped up on my calendar. EEKS I'm going to a archery and axe throwing club tonight. They invited me weeks ago and I completely forgot. I'm wondering how this will work with sore arms. Don't care though it will be cool as hell! This will be the first time in months I get to let my martian side out. How much more Amazon and primal can you get than throwing weapons and shooting arrows, ok so maybe not all that primal but hey, its better than sitting on a couch and watching TV. I wonder if I should wear home made leather pants and breast bindings? Hmm what to wear what to wear?

So sleep was apparently not my number one priority yesterday. My sister went in for what was supposed to be an out paitent surgery and when they went in found alot more damage than suspected so now she is in the hospital for a few days. Had to skip the axe throwing to go see her and keep her company, no biggie they do it every Wednesday and she is more important than leather and weapons. Well I had massive amounts of energy last night and a friend invited me to go 3 wheeling at 9pm. I am usually in bed by then but my crazy butt said "Hey Why not?" We played until midnight then stayed up talking till 2 am, what was I thinking? SO TIRED!!!!!!!!! And I sprint tonight, it'll be great. I love the energy I feel in this lifestyle but man if you don't use that energy it will keep you up. By the way had a lovely juicy New York strip last night, my mouth is watering thinking about it as we speak, MMMMMM!

XYZ
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Coffee will continue to be my vice. Have to have some everyday. I really miss my Dunkin Donuts coffee right now. Unfortunately, it's unheard of in this part of the world. Damn heathens!!!!

Hope your sister is doing better.

If you go with the leather pants and bindings, there should really be photographic proof of this. Or at the very least, photos of the axe throwing. That's always fun!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast