Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 2

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Mikki for the great welcome and good info. I'll check out the book at B&N and see what it has to say. So it is raining outside, then sunny, then rain, then sunny. It's madness. So the sprinting group has decided to throw a primal feast after our run tonight. I was rethinking lifting for a second day in a row anyway, should allow myself to recover, but the workout buddy is a go goer! Well I stuck to my guns and told her no that i was eating steak instead and I will be introducing everyone to fauxtatos. They're so yummy, and my buddy Eric has generously offered to show me how to cook a steak properly. Although I think it's his way to stand over my shoulder look down my shirt and check out my butt without me giving him the evil eye, I have accused him of this a time or two and he very grokly just grunts and smiles at me. You gotta love the primal guys, they say so much without saying anything!

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Eric sounds like a brilliant guy! LOL

I've found it's best to lift no more than 2 days in a row with a day off. I prefer lifting 2-3 days per week. If I do 2 days, it's a full body routine which is fast, hard and has given me great results.

1-2 exercises per body part, 1 set per exercise. A weight that allows 8-12 reps. Go through the whole workout as fast as you can.

Hope you had a good time at the primal feast!

Yummy New York strip, fresh broccoli, fauxtatos (pureed cauliflower with cream cheese, garlic, sea salt and pepper). It was so wonderful! It was so mouth watering good! It was almost an O face! And X I will not be relaying that message to him, his head is swollen as it is. Alas his plan did not work, I have a small kitchen and he is 6'4 220 of solid muscle. I am 5'10 190 of solid sassafrass, guess who won out? LOL. I am learning that doing my routine fast and hard is much better than the long drawn out pace I used to do, and you're right the results are great. I focus on maxing out at 8. I'm trying to build muscle and strength. I have no desire to be "toned." I want definition and power. Not very girly, but very grok like. LOL Well my sprints actually went really well last night. My godparents showed up to the track. A little background on them, they are 62 and 70 and have been true athletes for years. They turned into Marathon runners (got me to do my first 1/2 marathon in 2007) about 20 years ago, but as they aged they realized, nope not going to continue. Now they do games around Washington with the 5ks and the occasional 1/2. My godfather is a sprinter and my godmother does shot put and relay running. They're fantastic! Well I only did 6 last night, but I also was trying to improve my form which I'm pretty sure I did because my abs are SORE this morning. I've done the P90x ab ripper, the core workouts, nothing has every really gotten me like just correcting my sprinting form. Tonight is some relaxed walking and lifting, maybe roasted chicken with green beans sauteed in butter. By the way I'm not a foodie, just taking my "frustrations" out in the kitchen and occasionally the shower, but thats a different discussion all together.

15 minutes before I get off work, I'm sitting in my office listening to the new Clay Walker song and feeling the need to dance. Swing me, spin me, two step, cowboy cha cha. I love moving to the music. God Friday can not get here soon enough!

XYZ
    Oh man, that food sounds like it was wonderful.

My Friday is almost done.

Must you brag X! LOL, my poor little feeler can barely comprehend that it's only Friday morning. That's ok, it will fly by in no time. Well last night was lovely, did my work out and then was invited over to the parents house for dinner with my sister. They are so supportive. They fixed fish with sides of asparagus and mushroom for me. My neice Maddie kept trying to get me to eat her chocolate chip cookies though, they were imaginary and filled with air, but I still firmly told her no thanks. She looked at me like I was crazy when my mom told her I was not eating sugar anymore (maddie is only 5), so she changed the cookie to a peppermint. Kids are cute. Well I'm off early today and do I dare say it for fear of jinxing it, but the sun is supposed to be out all weekend and in the 70's here. I made a date with my dad to wash the cars Saturday morning, he wants to go primal, but my mom is subconsciencly putting it on hold because he is a type 1 diabetic. I looked at her last night and finally said "What your doing is not working! He is gaining weight and his sugar is not under control, let him try it, he wants to." She had him trying a vegan diet, and that lasted about a week. I gave her my primal blueprint but she has yet to read it. My dad is 70% blind and is unable to read it. Last night I saw his frustration when I walked in last night in a pair of jeans that a week ago were tight on me and now fit perfectly. She just doesn't get it, she bought him a loaf of rye bread from the baker, and says its healthy he needs it. Like me, my father is a bread lover, he can't say no if its right in front of him. I get very frustrated at my mother, so I have decided to do some research on the forum and Marks Archives today about Primal and diabetes, print them out and force her to read them while I sit there and watch. I love her but she needs to pull her head out of her you know what. She is a type 2 diabetic and also out of control. Grr!! This was a bitch fest, but it was weighing on my mind, and I just need get it out. Rant done. I plan to spend the weekend with my dad and do some hiking and dancing. Have a great weekend all

This must be quick and sweet. I am in training all week and no where near a computer for most of my day. Had a blast this weekend. Went to a seafood dinner on friday night with my buddy Eric, over indulged on the wine I'll admit, but hey a girl has to live a little! Saturday was spent washing cars and playing in the sun. Went crazy going grocery shopping. The store had a meat sale and I picked up one of everything plus 1. I'm meat crazy what can I say. Sunday Heather and I went hiking up at Fort Worden, BEAUTIFUL! You can see Canada from the ridge top. I felt inspired. Sunday evening my dad had an impromptu barbeque, pork shoulder so good! I fixed Marks avocado and egg salad for my side, it was delish! I walked over to my parents house to get my good walk in, 3.5 miles up hill all the way, but alas Monday I did not feel the motivation to do anything, so I just visted with friends. Tonight I'm lifting with some walking. Summer is here, I feel it in my bones! Grok on!

Well last week was not my best week, and the weekend was not much better. I had my niece Sassy on Friday and she gave me a cold, but strangely enough it is not nearly as bad as I though it would be, just a dry cough and a 5 pound weight on my chest. No fever. Usually this would knock me on my butt, but I'm chugging along. Just want to sleep, and not even hungry except for meat. Good sick craving to have in the Grok world.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain Amazon regarding the weather. I am here in Tacoma and this dreary, wet weather has zapped my motivation. But as we know, when the sun does come out, it is beautiful around here! That's when I don't care what I am doing, as long as it is outside. Congrats on the weight loss, and it sounds like you are rocking the primal lifestyle! Grok on!

XYZ
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hope you're feeling better. I hate getting sidelined with an illness.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast