Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 12

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Note: The coconut oil face cleanse is WONDERFUL! My skins is the clearest and healthiest its been in years. All the bumps and blackheads along my jaw line are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to start my period and for once I don't have the acne of a teenager, MIRACLE!

Observation: I lifted yesterday- I did not know biceps could feel like that after a workout OUCH!

Success: Eating cleanly and have made a wonderful plan with boyfriend and bestfriend to watch what we consume on Thanksgiving and take two long walks on that day. I will be successful!
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 11-20-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Well here goes. I made it through Thanksgiving dinner. I walked for about 2 hours on Thansgiving, no treats. I did end up eating some dressing and 2 rolls. I didn't feel bad, but then we went late night shopping and at about 2 am I cracked. My man got JB and I had some, the weekend rolled down hill after that. I gained 9 pound in 5 days. Now I've already dropped six of that (yes my body retains that much water when I eat crap) but I was a brat all weekend. I wonder if its emotional guilt or a physical reaction in the brain. Either way I feel much better now that I have detoxed from it. Still have my goal. I will meet it.

Well now its 8 pounds of water weight gone, jeez, thats alot. One pound away from where I started on Thanksgiving. Crazy! Still doing great, I went to the store and got some macadamia nuts last night, they are so good with some smoked gouda. I was told that if you get a sugar craving try protien and/or fat. It works!

So the weekend passed without any real hiccups. I had some bloody marys and onion rings on Sunday, but it was so good, no big reaction. Just a fullness that hasn't let up yet. In ketosis this morning and feeling great! I can't wait to weight in next Monday!

Relaxing day yesterday. I have been having a bit of ADD lately (that is not to tease or make fun of anyone who does actually have it), I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I have been loopy to say the least. So yesterday I walked home, got to my house and told myself I would clean for one hour. The house was messy from all the Christmas decorating, but it seemed overwhelming, so I told myself just one hour. I set the time and went at it. I was able to get my kitchen, bedroom and living room cleaned. I was so nice. No worries, no "Oh my God its never ending". So today, my goal is to spend one hour cleaning the bathroom, ok maybe 45 minutes, either way, if I focus on the time instead of the task, I seem to complete it effortlessly. Interesting thing to ponder, it got me thinking about lifestyle. How could I incorporate lifting into my lifestyle. Six months ago if you had asked me if I enjoyed walking to and from work, I would have said NO. Now its such an ingrained habit, that there is no question about me walking. My boyfriend doesn't even ask to pick me up from work anymore, he knows I'll say "No, I'll walk." Its over an hour of speed walking a day, I don't feel up and chipper if I don't walk. Now I need to do that with lifting. Marks body weight movements are the best hope for me, and like walking, I just have to force myself to do it till its a habit. 3 times a week during my lunch is nothing. I will bring my super heavy band I use instead of pullup bar (can't even hang on the bar right now) and try it. Could use a little encouragement to keep it up. I can do this.

What an evening. A gorgeous/windy walk home and them a Yummy steak with green beans for dinner. So I tried a new recipe for scotch eggs, well not a new reicpe but a twist. I found some organic chicken breakfast sausge and used that. I have them for lunch and the man had them last night and said they were great so we'll see how they taste. Well today is my first workout at work during lunch today, WISH ME LUCK. I am weak right now but I can only get stronger!

So i didn't do the lifting, DAMIT! I dont' know what it is. I'll try in the morning, but I just have no motivation to lift. What is wrong with me. On a good note I am getting stronger. I have been walking to work, wearing a heart rate montior to keep myself in check, because I am one of those people that would stray into chronic cardio without it. Well I have been having to jog to a little to keep my heart rate up in the proper zone. Improvement I THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proper zone for me is about 120-140. Very exciting for me. We made a teriyaki turkey stir fry last night with cabbage and broccoli. It was AMAZING, but I am working on portion control, so I put down my fork after one helping. I am one of those people that if it tastes good, I will keep eating even though I am satisfied. As of late I have not been that hungry(dinner is the only meal I really want, am forcing breakfast down). I am still entering info into myfitnesspal and I am not getting near the calories it says I should, but I am just NOT HUNGRY. It changes with my cycle, I expect my appetite to increase the closer I get to my period. Crazy things a womans body does!

Thank the Holy Lord it is Friday. Three day weekend here I come. So about Thursday.... I ROCKED IT LIKE IT WAS 1999. Food was excellent, power walked for an hour to and from work, ate some of my faux mexican rice, and then had enough energy to go for another 80 minute walk to look at Christmas lights around our neighborhood. It was a blast. Went to bed at 830 was out like a light, woke up on my own (ok my bladder insisted) at 4 am. Was not groggy at all. Life is good. Happy Friday all!

So this weekend was awesome. I went out to eat twice, stayed healthy no crap. My man was so proud of me, but I was more proud of myself. I told him Friday night I needed to conquer these eating out demons. We have good restaurants everywhere around here and I always ended up ordering junk. Not anymore. When I began my primal journey in 2009 it was easy, then I met Nate and cheating became more and more till it was a way of life. Not anymore. Its a lifestyle. I don't try and make a bunch of primal versions of stuff. I do pancakes and chocolate chip cookies with coconut and almond flour, that's it. They only reason why I do those two on occasion because they're the only ones that turned out for me. I'm a great cook, lousy baker! So I tried another another primal version of something. Biscuit sausage swirls with almond flour biscuits. Good stuff, but not anything I would make on a regular basis. I made them today to try out for a Christmas Eve brunch we're throwing. They tasted great but they were so filling, I won't eat for the rest of the day. Any who, I have been in Ketosis (deep purple) all weekend. I feel great, this rocks!

Mondays off! The world should have a mandatory Monday off program. So I can feel the darker season coming down on me. I feel the need to hybernate all the time. I know it will pass and I'm uping my vitamin D, but when I walk to work and its dark and I walk home from work and its dark, makes me want to sleep. My man did my power walk with me yesterday. I forewarned him this would not be one of our casual strolls, he watched me in wonder as I did crazy things to keep my heart rate up going down hill or how much I concentrated to keep a moderate pace. He said he loved seeing me so focused on something. His astonishment to my focus was strangely hurtful. Not blaming him at all, but makes me wonder how flighty I really am these days that he would be some amazed at my focus. It got me thinking on all kinds of things. I couldn't go into them all here, but what I determined was that he was right, my focus in life is gone. I'm not motivated to stay on task. Just some things I am pondering about. Oh, eating great, all good, but no more nuts. Those biscuits I made were too much. You can't eat the rest of the day after eating them.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast