Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 11

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Had a great evening last night. I fixed stuffed peppers and mexican faux rice. It was delicious. The Halloween candy was tempting me so I baked primal chocolate chip cookies. Satisfied that craving right away. This got me thinking about cravings and people going "off" paleo. My binge eating happens because I tell myself I will eat only primal all the time, no treats even. Well that doesn't work because I am a foodie and there are occasions in life (such as a dinner party) where you don't control who cooks for you. Most people in my life always fix a salad for me or allow me to bring a dish of my own. But the holiday are upon us and I'm wondering can I do what I did last year but make it all they way through Christmas. Last year I ate clean at Thanksgiving, but gorged during Christmas time. Could I make it through the holidays eating sensible primal treats? I think of yesterday at my work potluck and how I almost broke staring at that cheese cake, but I didn't. And I feel great today. I remember last thanksgiving where I was able to enjoy my family and friends and not be in a carb coma the rest of the day. I woke up refreshed and ready to shop. I want to feel like that for the next two months. Lets see how it goes shall we.

Well it looks like I'm fasting today. I forgot my lunch and I wouldn't buy anything here at work, so here goes!

Not a bad weekend, took my faux mexican rice to a birthday party, was a smash. It was rainy all weekend and nothing really interesting happened this weekend. Going through the carb blues, but stepped on the scale and had lost a pound over the weekend, can't complain about that.

So I am a church goer. We have these small groups every season, so we can get together and get to know one another. The groups go between bibile study and Ultimate Frisbee (I was on this last summer). I have stated to my church that I would like to lead a couch to 5k group next January, I'm still working out the logistics, but to prove to myself I can lead a group like this I am doing the program first. Started yesterday, it was nice and easy. I plan on emphasizing keeping a good heart rate, but my main goal is to give support to those who want to get moving. I am down 2 pounds but still very heavy at 238. I think by showing them that if I can do this anyone with the ability to walk for 30 minutes can do this. I am also doing this in tandum with my DDP yoga which I did this morning. Good Stuff. I noticed that I must eat to my calorie goal, yesterday I almost ate it but I wasn't hungry, but I walk/jog for an hour every day and do yoga evey other day. I was suprised to see how many calories that burns. Gotta keep my fuel up.

Well yesterday was very interesting in regards to the exercise/calorie thing. First note- I exercise within the heart rate parameters set by Primal Blueprint. Two- I watch my carbs more than my calories. Three- Exercise makes a difference. I preplan my meals. I have the same lunch and breakfast every day during the week. I switch it up at dinner to add some excitement, plus I like to cook. Well last night I had to go to the mall to fix a phone thing so the man and I decided to go out to dinner. We went to Red Robing were I got a Bacon and Guacamole burger wrapped in lettuce. I indulged and got the fries. OK OK I also got two single rum and diet cokes with a lime, ALRIGHT and a small peppermint mocha at starbucks. DAMIT! Well here is the thing. I walk to and from work 1 hour and 10 minutes total. I did yoga for 30 minutes yesterday. I also walked from the resturant through the mall and back. All wearing my heart rate monitor and keeping within my range. I burned over 1000 calories walking and doing yoga. It did not feel hard, it felt wonderful. It was not a chore, it was just a part of my day. Well I figured with eveything I ate last night, my scale would surely read up this morning. NOPE 1/2 pound down. Blows my mind.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. That is how I feel this morning. Was good last night, no crap, in ketosis this morning. That is all.

Well looks like I injured a ligament in my foot, stupid CW shoes I bought to look my professional at work. Its going to take two months to heal! So no more running and walking to work, I can swim and bike, time to up the body weight workouts, minus the squats. Will work around it.

Well I am good to start biking and stuff now that I can put my weight on my foot. Lets see how this goes.

Have you every realized that you let yourself go? I know I am not nearly as strong as I used to be, but I don't think I every knew how strong I really was. When I was a steel carpenter I could throw around heavy peices of metal like they were small sacks of flour. I had hand strength. I was able to do more things than I realized, maybe thats why my body could handle the little bit of weight I always carried. Lifting heavy things was a part of my every day life. I'm in an office now, I have been for 3 years. My first year I was able to do a 100 push up challenge and at the end I was able to make it 86 push ups (standard form) in a row, easily. Yesterday I did the P90X workout (chest and back), I enjoy these workouts, here is the sad part. I was only able to do 5 knee push ups. My numbers were so low it was unreal. I am the weakest I believe I have ever been in my adulthood. I am feeling the DOMS this morning, and it feels wonderful. Most people would think this is too much, I will never be strong again. I am thinking wow, I've got no where to go but UP. I know how strong I can be, so the goal is set. I pray that God will give me the determination to continue on this path, and the support to see it through. Happy Sunday ALL.

Monday morning,

I live in Seattle. We are in the middle of a storm that has dumped 5 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, and will dump another 5 inches in the next 24 hours. As I walked to work in my rain suit (my foot is good to go, I think the doctor was being overly cautious) I felt wonderful, not dreary, but great. I did yoga with a friend last night and stretched out my sore upper body. I think that was the only reason why I could put my bra on this morning. I'm in a great mood, life is good. Thank you for my happiness.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast