Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior in training journal page 10

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday's aren't as bad as some peole think. I went into work a for a few hours, worked out, saw my dad then spent some time at home with the man.

Monday August 8, 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- IF'd till about 2pm, then had a piece of trout and hamburger patty, for dinner we had Swai fish, very salty, and satueed green beans and onions in bacon fat, yummy!

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Sure did,

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- The bridge has reopend to walkers and bike riders so I rode my bike to work, but took the long way around home, so about an hour of riding, on a bike with no gears thats a pretty good leg work out, but not chronic cardio, took it easy and enjoyed the ride.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yes 5X5 DL 95/95/95/95/95, Sq 55/60/65/65/70, Bp 95/100/100/100/105, OVp 55/55/60/60/60, my numbers definitely improved from last week, my body is adapting to the powerlifting form but Dead lifts (DL) are WOW, had my form corrected on Friday so I'm still adjusting to new way to lift, but it is a great workout.

5. Sprint Once in a While- Nope

6. Get Adequate Sleep- Yes, but I've been having crazy dreams and my bladder seems to wake me up right before my alarm.

7. Play- No not really, with everything that is happening and on top of it the dreaded PMS I have not been in the mood to do much

8. Get Adequate Sunlight- 10000 IU of VD

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- yes

10. Use Your Brain- Yep doing work stuff and I worked a little on my book

Good Morning Self and all who read this,

It has been over a year since I wrote in this journal. Today I am 240 lbs. The heaviest I've been in 10 years. Its amazing how finding contentment in your life causes you to go off the rails. Maybe its because I was doing this in the hopes it would help me find my contentment and once it was found the tool was discarded. Well just writing it doesn't make sense and sounds ridiculous. I've have been slowly trying to work my way back into 80/20. For a while it was like 10/90, which lets face it is just SAD with extra fat. I tried exercising my brains out, starving myself, everything except just cutting out the crap. Well it's not working, hasn't worked for two years, and as they say "those who do the same thing over and over again expecting different results are insane." The insanity has finally stopped. I'm two days clean, took a week or two of slowly coming down off the processed stuff and carbs. Now some of you would say "Two days? That's nothing!" Yes it is. For an addict two days is celebration, ketosis is celebration, waking up before the alarm because you body feels better than it has in two years is a celebration. God help me continue this path, I have everything a girl could ask for except with health. This is my first step to accepting responsiblity and acknowledging only I have the strength and power to change it.

I did it. I made it through Friday without eating any junk. Its awesome! I power walked to work yesterday. Its funny I've been jogging keeping my heart rate at about 144, I power walk and can keep it at 137-140 without all the knee discomfort. I dig it. Today is Saturday, I have a wake for my friend. She died after battling cancer for two years. I think it was her illness and sudden death that prompted me to take a look at what i was doing. After watching my sister die of cancer in 2007 and now my friend, i realize I have the ability to prevent my familly and friends from going through this with me. I know I can't stop it if it comes, but I can try and be the healthiest possible.

Well the funeral was good, Sunday was a relaxed day of shopping. We've gotton our first rain in 81 days and it has been a down pour. I made it through the enitre weekend without eating any junk. I've stayed in ketosis, and my cravings are subsiding. I had some potatoes with breakfast yesterday, strange thing I was full ALL DAY, I had beverages but was good with no food the rest of the day. Can your body adapt to ketosis that quickly? It's an interesting question. I have the day off today, so I will be taking a nice long walk today. Tonight I am starting a body image workshop through my church, it shoud be interesting to see what they have to say.

Man 10 days of sickness, wow, but here's the great thing, I cured it without antibiotics, just let my body do its thing. I'm hoping to start DDP yoga next week. I've done a couple of the workouts and its very nice. The holidays are upon us and I find myself searching for primal treats to replace the ones that will be around for the next few months. My man and I make a batch of the treat, (tried Primal Palates Chocolate Chip cookies), eat a few and then take the rest to our work. The cookies were a big hit. I am not a sweets person except during the holiday. So going to try and make the best of it. Goal for the rest of the year. Lose 20 pounds before New Year.

Raging Hormones-

Why do we have them?
    Why do interactions with men cause these hormones to surge?
    Why do I feel like a loving woman one minute and satans mercenary the next?

I'll tell you why

Because every once in a while you just need to cut a bitch.

End of story

(This is just a joke) but true story

AAh the weekend, the bain of my will power, I was a greedy, glutenous lazy drunkard. God I love halloween! Back to reality. Thoughts this morning- tracking. Calorie and carb tracking that is. So i am to ADD to keep track everyday of what I eat, but I do like to see where I am at a few days a week. What I have found is that I can eat a lot more carbs than I thought and still be in ketosis. I lose more weight when I eat the amount of calories I am supposed to eat (IF works for me, but I am still trying to conrol binge eating so at this point a no go) and because of my lovely expensive heart rate monitor I know that easy walking and weight lifting burn more calories for me than running. I know the math doesn't add up, but maybe my monitor is broken, but hey it works for me and I am digging it. OH yeah and am starting DDP yoga officially today, been playing around with it, time to commit to 90 days. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 10-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.

So it looks like my monitor is broken, DANG IT! I did my yoga this morning and power walked to work, it read 66 bpm, I believe the battery is dying. Other than that, doing pretty good. Fully recovered from liquer induced over eating and laziness. People wonder why I don't drink that often, I don't at all. Alcohol is evil and I'm just not as young as I used to be. I have no wise or interesting thoughts today. Super busy at work. OH YEAH! I am trying out the coconut oil face wash. Is it sad to say my skin looks better just after 3 days, man who'd a thunk it!

HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. Did my yoga this morning and walked to work, man I feel energized. Like I said before been tracking my calorie/carb amount on my fitness pal, need to up the calories, I am not eating enough but I feel like I eat alot of food! We're having stuffed peppers and a Sons of Anarchy night tonight while passing out treats to the trick or treaters. I wish society trusted people enough to pass out primal treats, but homemade treats are not eaten at all anymore. I remember when I was a kid we'd get carmel apples and other stuff besides candy bars. oh well. Happy spooky night to all.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I made it through my work Halloween potluck without eating any of the junk food. I made Homemade tomato pesto sauce with Spaghetti Squash for my dish. I ate that with sausage fingers and a little bit of cheese. Thank god, I almost broke. But guess what, my dish was the only that was completely eaten.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast