Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ways to eat spinach page

pollo_la is offline Member

Ways to eat spinach

without involving dairy!

I want to try and eliminate as much dairy as I can from my diet. Right now I enjoy consuming spinach in 2 ways. My favorite is to sautÚ a bunch in butter and then add a little shredded cheese and sometimes an egg. Obviously I need to cut the butter and the cheese, so that's not going to work. I also like to eat it raw with my own homemade ranch dressing (sour cream, heavy cream, and dill spice). That's obviously out as well.

So, what else can I do with spinach that might taste good to me? I really don't care much for vinegar or olive oil based dressings, but maybe if you have a really good one I could give it a shot.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Use duck fat, beef tallow or bacon grease.

VetTech is offline Junior Member
    I make spinach smoothies in my nutri bullet. A handful of raw spinach, a carrot, a scoop of primal fuel, some ground flax seed, and coconut milk, water, and sometimes a little ripe fruit (kiwi, banana or peach) it's delicious!

pamola10 is offline Member
    Clarify your butter and that makes it not-dairy...then saute your spinach in it. I do this several times a week for breakfast, to go with my eggs.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    When my not primal wife makes spaghetti for the family, I put the meat and sauce over raw baby spinach instead of pasta.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I like spinach with sardines or avocado. I also make shakes from canned tuna, egg whites, celery and spinach or gazpacho style smoothies with cucs, celery, spinach and tomato paste or avocado.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nillos is offline Senior Member
    Heat it up with lots of fat of your choice (I like it with coconut) , garlic and/or onions, salt and pepper.
    The spices found in real curry (coriander and mustard seeds, cumin turmeric) also work well with spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillos View Post
    Heat it up with lots of fat of your choice (I like it with coconut) , garlic and/or onions, salt and pepper.
    The spices found in real curry (coriander and mustard seeds, cumin turmeric) also work well with spinach.
    Oh, this sounds the best to me so far!!

Also, I never realized I could clarify butter! I just watched a video, and it's not hard at all. Thank you so much for that suggestion. :-)

Okay, so I just sautÚd some spinach (about 2 cups) in coconut oil (about a tablespoon) and added in a bit of garlic and some onion. Then I put that on top of a small amount of rice noodles. It was fabulous!!! I can also see where adding in a bit or meat - really any beef or pork - would taste great too. YUM!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love making a ground beef saute with onions, garlic, fire roasted tomatoes, salt and pepper. Then I top a bunch of raw spinach in a bowl. It perfectly wilts the spinach.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast