Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was grocery shopping... page

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member

Was grocery shopping...

Shop Now
    I went into the bread aisle to get bread for my family, and i noticed these sick, over-weight, miserable looking people getting their bread.

I also noticed the same people grabbing low fat milk.

Smh
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    I think what makes me sadder than your average shopping cart at Wal-Mart, is the shopping carts of people I see at Whole Foods. I mean, they're making an effort to be healthy, buying ORGANIC low-fat milk, and whole-wheat bread and lots and lots of fruit.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Lol, i bought half n half just to taste it, and people are like "what?! you drink it like that?"

Fruits are my candy XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    ^^

I love half n half way more than I love milk. I could chug down an entire carton of the stuff.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Heh - I love drinking cream. I'm sure the people who see me every week at WF are convinced I'm either going to be as big as a house in a couple of years or work out 4 hours a day.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I get a bit sad every time I grocery shop. Looking into people's carts and seeing nothing but boxes of stuff...

I'm working on it so that I don't have to go to the grocery stores as often. I want to stock up on meat now that I have more freezer space, and then just hit the farmer's market on the weekend for groceries. It's just too depressing to see all that garbage, and all the people just buying it with no idea...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I don't look anymore. I get some strange satisfaction out of anything that saves me time. I've been like this long before I was primal. I shave with two razors because it saves me a minute. Why use one hand when I have another doing nothing? Anyway, being primal has added grocery shopping to this quirk for me. I grab a cart, head to the meat department, snag some eggs as I bee line for produce and hit the checkout line.

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    This guy knows whats what. Shaving with one razor at a time is for pansies. ;p

If I attempted this, I would probably turn my leg into jerky, as I can't do crap with my left hand.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with Beefsister. It would not be pretty if I shaved with two hands. lol

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I try to avoid looking in the carts of others...but its hard. So many packages, so many cans and so many loaves of bread and bags of chips. Veggies are usually corn and potatoes, and maybe if the cart is better then some, there are piles of fruit in there. Usually the ones with children get me the most....luchables, fruit snacks, Gogurt, juice drinks, 'granola' bars (or whatever you call those monstrosities). I try and shop at my natural foods store...but surprisingly, the packages of fruit loops are usually just replaced with a gluten free cereal....instead of skim milk its rice milk....and instead of low fat icecream its soy dream. Same stuff, just different packages.

I always secretly hope someone looks at me (in decent shape, toned, 110lbs at 5'1" tall) and then looks at my cart which is usually piled up with veggies, sometimes cream, lots of butter and bacon, coconut oil, coconut milk, maybe a ribeye for a treat and MAYBE...just MAYBE they ponder a few changes. I hope anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast