Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 October 2013 page

Farfalla is offline Senior Member

Whole 30 October 2013

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I started Whole 30 in September (thread) but not at the very beginning. Consequently, I still have several days to go and would not mind continuing afterwards.

Is anyone insterested in having a support thread?

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Farfalla! I'm in. I took the weekend off from my Whole 30-turningintoWhole90. So, you could say I've started a W 30 again today after finishing a W 45 then the weekend off.

Had a very strong primal weekend, although not W30 compliant, because we ate out all weekend, and who knows what types of oils etc. are used. Did the best I could. Very pleased to see that primal is sustainable during travel and vacations, without any hassle at all. I consider the 20/80 rule good enough for vacation times. Did tons of walking and some hiking. It was gorgeous this weekend.

My reasons for extending my Whole 30 - still some weight to take off and some snacking dragons I need to get rid of. Plus I feel great, and can't think of any reason to add foods back in right now.

Today:
    Breakfast 3 Eggs, sauteed zucchini
    Lunch: Turkey breast with avocado and tomato and a plum
    Dinner: Chicken breast with large salad and sweet potatoes
    Will spend some time gardening today.
    I've got a kettle of bone broth on the stove. Smells great!

Great! I will join you tomorrow.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    How great that you both are continuing on with W30. I have decided not to continue during October, but to reintroduce dairy to see how my body handles it.

I hope everyone who joins in for October has success!!

I have loved how I have felt during this last month, and if dairy and I don't get along, I will continue on the W30 life.

I will post my results tomorrow after weigh in/measurements.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

solobiker is offline Member
    I think I would like to join in too. I have been Primal off and on for over a year. I have had to add more carbs when I have long stents up in the mountains with hiking, climbing and backcountry skiing. When I say carbs it is usually oatmeal for breakfast otherwise I have bonked pretty bad. I wish everyone good luck. I know it may be a challenge because DH likes all of his snack foods.

If you give him lots of eggs with bacon for breakfast, will he not happily forgo snacks?

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    My final results on Whole 30 for September 2013 -

Feel WONDERFUL!!
    Lost 9.2 pounds
    Lost 10.5 inches.

I am totally thrilled with the results. Did not expect this kind of loss, and eating bacon everyday and still able to lose! I am excited for the future.

Plan to add some dairy throughout the month and see how my body reacts. If not good, then I will go back to leaving it out.

Good luck everyone on October!!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    I think I would like to join in too. I have been Primal off and on for over a year. I have had to add more carbs when I have long stents up in the mountains with hiking, climbing and backcountry skiing. When I say carbs it is usually oatmeal for breakfast otherwise I have bonked pretty bad. I wish everyone good luck. I know it may be a challenge because DH likes all of his snack foods.
    Welcome! Whole 30 recommends sweet potatoes as one of the best sources for carbs. Oatmeal is definitely not W30. We hike as well and I have found that Sweet potatoes and some fruit are more than adequate, and no carb crash later on. Give the W30 template a real try. Last time we took a big hike, we had eggs and bacon and veg for breakfast, and I packed a lunch salad of greens, veg, chicken and sweet potato. It was plenty for an 8 hr hike/climb.

Today:
    Breakfast: Eggs and Zucchini
    Lunch: Some type of meat with avocado and tomatoes
    Dinner: Soup made with home made stock, grass fed beef and loaded with vegis
    Gardening and raking. Already took a 4 mile walk.

Today:

breakfast: none (my last meal was yesterday around noon but I wasn't hungry)
    lunch: chicken breast with a bit of parmesan and bacon (inspired by this), grilled fennel
    dinner: one poached egg, one slice of head cheese, one small onion

Leisure: one hour of walking, one hour of workout, one hour of reading, at least two more hours of reading ahead of me

PrimalCon New York
    Today:

breakfast: none
    lunch: ribeye steak with celery root fries, lettuce and spinach
    dinner: one slice of head cheese with onion and a splash of vinegar, a small bowl of raspberries (I couldn't resist because the season is over and I will not have another opportunity to eat fresh raspberies until the next year)

Leisure: two hours of walking, one hour of workout, I expect to spend two hours reading before bed

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast