Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 October 2013 page 5

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    There are some days I don't get three meals in and I don't worry too much, Applegirl. As long as I eat when I -am- hungry, I feel like that's still compliant. I think for those who have eaten SAD and do Whole30, the three meals a day is meant to replace the constant grazing.

I've found going to W30 from being primal to be a little different. As long as you're getting enough protein in most days, I can't see why it wouldn't be a problem. Though they do note that not being hungry in the morning could be a sign of disrupted hormones, but hey, some folks just don't do breakfast.
    Hi Britt, Yes, I know that they link eating a breakfast with helping to deal with broken hormonal patterns, which is why I gave it the full 30 days of compliance and then began a second round. I agree with you on the protein, and I certainly agree with them on the food plate template, which is why I'm staying food compliant. I also agree that it is a bit different from regular primal. It keeps me a bit more focused and from going totally off-road. So I'll consider myself continuing with W30 and move forward. Thanks for your input.
    Onward and Upward!

Had a great W30 day yesterday and am having another one today. Glad I've decided to drop breakfast, unless I'm hungry.

Lunch: Left over pork chop. beets with oil, vinegar and red onion, butternut squash (a bit high carb, but I love leftovers)
    Dinner: Italian Sausage with sauce over roasted eggplant and large salad
    Walked 4 miles, will grab a book before bedtime and turn off all screens.

I just noticed I'm 14 days from finishing my second W30. Will be interesting to see if there's a weight loss. I know I feel really good.

Have a great W30 day everyone!

Had a good W30 day.
    No breakfast
    Lunch at 1pm, roasted eggplant, cold chicken, apple
    Dinner Grassfed Hamburger, steamed cauliflour, tossed salad, butternut squash
    I didn't get in any exercise today - a bit of a drag, but it is what it is.

Have a great W30 day everyone!

I'm on day 23. Feel much better since I dropped breakfast - it was too much food.

Lunch - cold chicken leftovers, braised cabbage and an apple
    Dinner - Grassfed steak, salad, butternut squash
    Will spend the afternoon in the garden removing all the stuff that died from last night's frost - bummer - it happens every year, though.

Is anyone out there still? I will be winding up in a week, so instead of starting a November thread, I'll just post here for accountability and to note my final results.

Have a great W30 day to you all!

Britt is online now Senior Member
    I'm still plugging along. Day 48 now. I'm leaning towards competing a Whole60, but I may go past that. I'm just not sure yet, since I feel so great and and seeing good fat loss (still 20 lbs overweight). We'll see!
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Hi Britt, I'm feeling somewhat the same. I'll probably move over to an eating plan that is mostly W30 with some tweaks for holidays and special occasions. There doesn't seem to be a good reason to do otherwise. Feeling great!

Have a great day!

solobiker is offline Member
    I hit a few speed bumps along the way so I am going to give it another shot. I was pretty good for the most part. Just need to get focused and re-set my priorities. It is hard sometimes because my husband does not eat, nor will he eat this way and he loves his snack foods. For the most part I can stay away from most of them. I am going to see if he will be okay with me not bringing home the one that is the most tempting to me. Hope you are both well.

Hi Solobiker. Glad you're still around.
    I went off the wagon big time last night. It was pure emotional eating. Something I haven't done since I started my W30 journey a couple of months ago. Yes, I did take a few days off in between, but I stayed primal. Last night was a disaster. I ate bread and cereal and I feel yucky this morning. I'll be finished with my W30 on Tuesday, so instead of starting over with a complete new 30 days, and instead of tossing it aside, I will continue on for the rest of the time.

Goes to show I still have some food issues (not a huge surprise).
    Back on the band wagon.
    Hope you are all doing well.

solobiker is offline Member
    Happy November. Still staying focused. I did not have any candy at all yesterday or today despite there being tons of it all around. Pretty good day for me. I am thinking about taking a day off from exercise. I love to do it. However, my feet are hurting whatever reason. I may ride my spin bike or do some core work. I probably have not had a "rest" day in a few months. Have a great day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One day left to my September Whole 30. I've done really well, although I doubt I've seen a weight loss. A bit high on the carbs, probably, but who knows. I'll report in on the morning of the 8th to share my thoughts and results.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast