Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 October 2013 page 3

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday:

breakfast: none
    lunch: beef stew (with a lot of cartilage!) with vegetables
    dinner: one peach

Leisure: I did some admin work but could spent the rest of the day walking and reading and having fun

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Fell off the wagon last night. Don't know what got into me, but there you have it. I had a very quiet weekend after my hike/climb on Friday. Was very compliant all weekend - spent time doing good food prep, and then last night had had a PB& J sandwich with a glass of milk? OMG! Wrong on every level: Wheat in the bread, Legumes in the PB and who know what else, Sugar in the Jam and Dairy. Can you believe that a simple snack like that could have so much wrong?

Well, I have to let it go, deal with the fact that the snack and sugar demon got the best of me and move on.
    This is only my second bad episodes in the last two months, I used to do things like this daily. It is what it is.

Onward and Upward. Thanks for letting me confess my food transgressions!

Restart today. That will bring me into the first week of Nov. for my new W30.

Today I plan to drink plenty of extra water:
    Breakfast: Eggdrop soup made with bone broth and raw carrots
    Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti Squash topped with Sauce - made from Grass fed beef and tomatoes
    Dinner- Don't know yet - I have to go grocery shopping.
    I will be outside gardening for the better part of the afternoon.

Don't worry and carry on.

Today:
    breakfast: none
    lunch: meatballs (beef and herbs only) with mashed turnip and leafy greens
    dinner: a few leftover meatballs and a bowl of roasted tomato soup

Right back on track. Had a beautifully primal/W30 day yesterday, and today more of the same - what a relief!:

Breakfast - left over chicken and carrots
    Lunch - Huge salad with anchovies, hard boiled eggs and avocado
    Dinner - Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese sauce, salad and fresh apple
    Walked 4 miles this morning, will garden later, if I have time
    Reading this evening.

Onward we go!

Yesterday:

breakfast: a bit of smoked fish, an endive
    lunch: beef stew with mushrooms, leafy greens
    dinner: one large (apple-sized) radish

Leisure: 2 hours of walking, 1 hour of workout, 1 hour of cleaning, 3 hours of reading

Yesterday was my day 30. Unfortunately, I have no more weight loss to report - just those 11 pounds off that I posted at the end of September. Sure, it is a good result but I want to lose more.

I plan to continue with Whole30 but I will need to take a break of 10 days from this Friday (social life, visiting family - I will be 80/20 primal because Whole30 is not realistic).

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Yesterday:

breakfast: a bit of smoked fish, an endive
    lunch: beef stew with mushrooms, leafy greens
    dinner: one large (apple-sized) radish

Leisure: 2 hours of walking, 1 hour of workout, 1 hour of cleaning, 3 hours of reading

Yesterday was my day 30. Unfortunately, I have no more weight loss to report - just those 11 pounds off that I posted at the end of September. Sure, it is a good result but I want to lose more.

I plan to continue with Whole30 but I will need to take a break of 10 days from this Friday (social life, visiting family - I will be 80/20 primal because Whole30 is not realistic).
    Well done, Farfalla! I took several days off from my last W30 for the same reasons. You'll be happy to see that it's easy to stay relatively primal. As Melissa Hartwig says, it's not meant to be a Whole 365. Enjoy your family events.

I had a compliant day yesterday.
    Today
    Breakfast - Eggs with sliced tomatoes - getting to the end of my garden tomatoes
    Lunch - Big salad with smoked kippers on top
    Dinner - Braised beef with cabbage and carrots, apples from my tree.

I plan to garden most of the afternoon - I can't believe how fabulous the weather has been. My gardens have never looked this good in October! Love it. Winter will be here soon and opportunities to spend hours outside will evaporate.

Have a great W30 Day! Grok on.

Had a great W30 Day yesterday.

Today will be another one. Don't have my meals planned out yet, but I will stay on track.
    Walked 4 miles this morning and will spend the afternoon outside.

Have a great W30 Day!

solobiker is offline Member
    I had "signed"up for the Whole 30 early in the month but then was not able to get to a computer. I have been doing well so far. I will start posting tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome, solobiker. Don't know how many of us are left. I know some have finished, and some are not posting. I'm doing very well. I had to restart several days ago, so I'll be going to Nov 7. This is my second W30. Had a very successful one Mid Aug to Mid Sept, then took a short break (regular primal). Back to W30 to drop some pounds and get a grip on an evening snacking habit I would like to ditch.

Very compliant yesterday.
    Today: Breakfast - Eggs and sliced tomatoes
    Lunch - Sardines and salad
    Dinner - Shrimp with sauteed vegi and salad and fresh fruit

This weekend may be a challenge. My son is home from college and bringing a friend, so I'll be doing some extra cooking. Certainly primal, but I'm sure there'll be some treats for them, that I will need to stay away from. Funny, sometimes it's so easy to pass on those things and other times it's a struggle. I'll stay busy enough that hopefully it won't be tempting. I would like to make them some homemade apple somethings, as it's such a great time of year for that. Maybe I'll just make myself a baked apple to have with my dinner. That should do the trick, although I don't know if it would be considered a "dessert" with W30 an HSWYPO. LOL!

Hello everyone,

I've been reading your recent posts but I will not be not posting until my break is over because my eating is not exactly compliant. But I am here, crossing my fingers for you so keep up!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast