Thread: Hot versus cold showers? page

miata is online now Senior Member

Hot versus cold showers?

Shop Now
    I've been pretty primal for about 10 months and doing only cold showers about 2 months back. I really like the wake-up affect and feel like it has helped my skin and hair.

Recently, my wife has started giving me a hard time -- saying that I am not really getting clean unless I use hot water to remove the "dirty oils." I have a hard time imagining Grok taking hot showers.

Am I just reading too much Timothy Ferriss? :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I tend to think we "evolved" to these things because they felt good. Grok didn't have access to hot showers. However, hot baths and showers have been around as long as we figured out how to do them. If you think cold is a benefit, take a hot shower for relaxation and cleaning, and then turn off the hot water for a few minutes at the end. It feels really good, and there are some that theorize that it has health benefits.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Everybody paints a different picture of Grok. My grok had access to hot springs.
    I love taking cold showers but it's fun to mix it up.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-29-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Unless you have excessively greasy skin, cold showers will do. I think you'll know best what is good for your skin.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I have no problem staying clean with cold showers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine