Thread: Nutella help page

msjamiejo is offline Junior Member

Question Nutella help

I made the Primal Nutella a few weeks ago and MAJORLY failed. Apparently I find the taste of Stevia appalling. So I made a second batch. The texture isn't right but I think I know why. The problem is that it's pretty nutty tasting. Is there a way to cut that bitterness? I have had an awful lot of food failures lately and am getting a bit discouraged so any help would be appreciated.

The recipe was a cup of Hazel nuts, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, coconut oil for the consistency and sweetener which I went with a tad bit of simple syrup and honey because I LOATHE Stevia.

msjamiejo is offline Junior Member
    Sorry guys! Posted this in the wrong thread. DUR.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'll answer anyway....I'd use xyliol. it'd be perfect.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also, soak the hazelnuts first. You'll get that tannin-y taste out and the nuts will be much more mellow and sweet.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.