Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The metabolic advantage hypothesis page 8

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Ah, so if I read this right, Choco thinks a certain macro ratio is necessary for weightloss, and yet, calories in, calories out is all that matters?

Contradictory much?

And I totally missed this post earlier. My bad. Heh.
    Even your trolling is bad.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

max219 is online now Senior Member
    I think calories in calories out still matters, it's just that certain foods like sugar are more thermogenic than fats, leading to a higher "calories out."

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well apparently now he believes that it doesn't matter how hungry you are because your metabolism will just speed up to accommodate.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I think calories in calories out still matters, it's just that certain foods like sugar are more thermogenic than fats, leading to a higher "calories out."
    People around here seem to only acknowledge the "CI" side but don't realize the "CO" side is variable as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well apparently now he believes that it doesn't matter how hungry you are because your metabolism will just speed up to accommodate.
    What are you talking about? There is no point in talking to you right now because you only want to argue and clearly are not listening. I'll be more than happy to discuss this at a time you actually would like to have a discussion.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    People around here seem to only acknowledge the "CI" side but don't realize the "CO" side is variable as well.

What are you talking about? There is no point in talking to you right now because you only want to argue and clearly are not listening. I'll be more than happy to discuss this at a time you actually would like to have a discussion.
    Why is it that when someone politely asks you to explain your position, so they might understand it better and learn, you talk in circles and/or turn things back on them trying to make them seem less than?

And please, answer my direct question.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's true anyway. calorie intake in excess is sensed by the brain, which activates thermogenesis as a means of preventing obesity.

Protein, sugar, and salt are thermogenic.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing, I've started drinking a gainer and it's been two weeks. I expected to gain but the scale is the same.
    How could it be while I'm increasing my CI? More carbs = harder, longer workouts = my CO has increased as well.
    Although I still weigh the same I definitely gained lean mass while losing body fat.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 10-05-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I see, I see...
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Even your trolling is bad.
    Wait, I was trolling?
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Clearly by looking at all the plateaus around here brought on by prolonged low carbohydrate dieting, paired with stores of hair loss, cold hands and feet and the chills while eating, the metabolic rate surely can drop below the hunger suppressive effects.

And that's another strike against low carbohydrate dieting for performance and athleticism. If muscle gain is the goal, you definitely don't want a diet that suppresses appetite. You want a diet that encourages eating, particularly after a heavy workout. It's no surprise that post-workout, not only is appetite strongest but insulin sensitivity is highest. Your body is begging for carbohydrate and protein, not fat.

Except for the army of people for whom none of this is true. And eating a crap ton of protein after hunting down an animal definitely means a blood sugar spike, and insulin sensitivity would be very useful then, indeed!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast