Thread: Happy Hooves page

DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member

Happy Hooves

Primal Fuel
    I went to a local free range organic farm today to get grass fed beef and chickens for the first time, and it was an awesome experience. Ive bought orgo chickens at my grocery store but they have been grain fed. So i decided to go local today, and I dont think ill go back to buying commercial.

When i pulled in, chickens and turkeys were chillin in the lady's yard, and many more were wandering the property. She showed me her cattle, pigs, and said she had deer in a different area of property. I was really impressed by her freezers; all were packed with various cuts of beef.

I picked up two 4lb heritage chickens, slaughtered two days prior, not even frozen yet. They hd massive legs and thighs and smaller breasts too. I also got two 2lb chuck steaks and two 1lb packages of 75/25 lean ground beef, totalling $82. Avg $5.85/lb so not too bad.

I ate one chicken today, and i was really impressed with the bone structure. Compared to commercial chickens, these birds had way better anatomy and better joint integrity. I could really notice the quality. Meat was tougher, but thats expected from free range i assume because the bird actually moves.

All in all, it made me happy ahah.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Where is this place? Sounds great. Actually grass fed and pastured beef just needs to be cooked differently. Way lower heat for sure because of the lack of fat going through the muscle. Once you get it down, it will be juicier than CAFO meat.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Its called Happy Hooves in Hannibal, NY off of route 34, south of 104. If you live in NY, google search 'eat wild ny" and youll find a list of a bunch of orgo farms!

And thanks for the cooking tip! Ill try it on my chuck steak today!