Thread: (HDL) Health Diagnostics Laboratories Blood Results: your feedback wanted! page

MoBob is offline Member

(HDL) Health Diagnostics Laboratories Blood Results: your feedback wanted!

Shop Now
    Hi Ya'll,

Long time no post! Been super busy with work, life, family. I guess you know the drill!
    At least I've been sticking to the Primal lifestyle for the last 3yrs plus!
    My cardiologist recently suggested I get a HDL (Health Diagnostics Laboratories) test instead of the VAP since the HDL is way more comprehensive.
    I told him my eating habits (PB) and he was OK with that but has ALWAYS been concerned about my relatively high LDL. I like my bacon! I've been refusing his prescribed statin for the last 4yrs and he claims it's totally safe. I countered by saying it's not the raw number but the size of the particle. He says take the HDL test and it will give you the particle size then you can make a better informed decision. At this point, I personally feel no need for a statin. He says otherwise.

BTW, I take the following supplements everyday: 2800mg O3, 400mg CoQ10, 1500mg Glucosamine, 1000mg VitC, 1000mg Niacin, 500mg Mg, 100mg Resveratrol, 10,000IU Vit D, and 1000mg Garlic. All sourced from SAM's club.

Attached are my results. My interpretation is good on Total, HDL, tri's, CRP, Vit D, Lp(a), HbA1c, LDL size, and not insulin resistant. But Apo B, Apo E Genotype along with LDL-C Direct is bothersome. What do you think I should do about naturally lowering the LDL???
    Mo HDL Test_2013_0.jpgMo HDL Test_2013_1.jpgMo HDL Test_2013_2.jpgMo HDL Test_2013_3.jpgMo HDL Test_2013_4.jpg
    During breakfast today, Abby asks, "How would this juicy, fat, sweet blackberry taste on top of my bacon?" I said it would taste BerrySwine...;-P

MoBob is offline Member
    Prior to 2010 when on CW diet, my LDL was 100-130, now on PB 150-190. At least pattern size A...??? Should I lower the bacon and eggs???
    During breakfast today, Abby asks, "How would this juicy, fat, sweet blackberry taste on top of my bacon?" I said it would taste BerrySwine...;-P

snoops is offline Senior Member
    No one has responded because we cant see your attachments yet., Go thru phootbucket or similar thing to get photos on forum immediately.

MoBob is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    No one has responded because we cant see your attachments yet., Go thru phootbucket or similar thing to get photos on forum immediately.
    OK! Thanks snoops for the heads up!!!

MoBob is offline Member

MoBob is offline Member

MoBob is offline Member

MoBob is offline Member

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    OK! Thanks snoops for the heads up!!!

Most important number out of all that (see INTERHEART trial) is apob/apoa-1, which needs to be less than 0.94. Yours is 0.69. Carry on

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by peril; 09-28-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Correct number
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

MoBob is offline Member
    Holy crappola!
    Just realized this HDL test cost $2941!!!!!
    Way more expensive than VAP.