Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaching my genetic muscular strength potential... page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Reaching my genetic muscular strength potential...

Yep, I probably came close to my genetic limits already in my early twenties and after that I have lost and regained muscle- and strength various times. Certainly we never reach our limit 100 % but we can come pretty close to it, asymptotically. So it’s an limit to how much strength or muscle we can naturally put on our bodies and according to some experts like Martin Berkhan you can estimate your limits by subtracting “100” from your height in centimeter, and the number you get will be your genetic limits in kilos at 5-6 % body fat! Personally I am 187 cm tall – 100, and my genetic limits should according to Berkhan be around 87 kilo at 5-6 % body fat. Well, actually I am 98 kilo (216 lbs.) these days at 10 % body fat (or so I thought at least, but I may be wrong about that!?) when I should be only around 91-92 kilo!!! So something must be flawed here, maybe my body fat estimations are way off, or Berhams estimates are too low?

What about you guys are you close to your genetic potential yet?

Maximum Muscular Potential of Drug-Free Athletes (Updated Dec 31st) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Zach is offline Banned
    The pic i saw of you, you had good definition but no real abdominal definition so that would probabl put you at 2-3% higher then your estimation. I dont think Martins formula is meant to be entirely accurate, just a good reference point.

Why dont you get on some Supplementation? At your age and level, i see no reason not to if you are interested in it.

As for my limit, i have wasted a lot of years and am not even close. Luckily i still have a good decade before strength peaks.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Why dont you get on some Supplementation? At your age and level, i see no reason not to if you are interested in it.
    Agreed. If you want to keep performing at your best, you might want to look into TRT soon.

Drugs??? Maybe after passing 80 or there about! Remember that I am still a very young guy at almost 51, but I may be a bit off about my bodyfat levels though, perhaps 12 or 13% then?

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Luckily i still have a good decade before strength peaks.
    Roughly when does strength peak?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    The pic i saw of you, you had good definition but no real abdominal definition
    Some of that is just genetic. Muscles come in a lot of different shapes.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Roughly strength will peak after 3-5 years of consistently lifting, but your lifting numbers may raise far beyond that due to neurological adaptions etc…

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Based on Zach's response i'm guessing there's an age (age bracket) where you are at your peak (potential peak, if you train)

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    Based on Zach's response i'm guessing there's an age (age bracket) where you are at your peak (potential peak, if you train)
    40 seems to be when strength limits reach max and slowely start to decline, at least in feats of pure strength. Athletism peaks much sooner, most are over the hill at 30 in any competitive sport.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Drugs??? Maybe after passing 80 or there about! Remember that I am still a very young guy at almost 51, but I may be a bit off about my bodyfat levels though, perhaps 12 or 13% then?

I figure I'm around 14%, I'd say you around 11-12 %.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast